Revamp Update What's next for PrimeMC

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, May 6, 2018.

1. Affixes

Project Manager

Hey everyone!

As @trkey has announced previously, we're back in action here at PrimeMC! I would ike to give you all a quick update on what's going on behind the scenes, and what you can expect from us in the following weeks. I'm very excited to get started here, and I'd like to thank each and every one of you for the warm welcome!

This past week, my focus has been on getting our team into full production. There is a lot that comes with a global revamp, so documentation has to be written for everyone to get to work. Since the previous management team used a different infrastructure - we will be starting entirely from scratch. @FakeNeth, @Vrou and @TehNeon will be here to assist in the development team, and we have various other staff members working on graphics, builds and a brand-new website for PrimeMC! In the weeks to come, I will keep you all updated through revamp updates! Stay tuned for some sneak previews.

Along with these changes, we will be making some structural improvements to how things run at PrimeMC. You may have already noticed some differences on the forums here, and more of these type features will be tackled soon. This will include changes to the staff team, rules, reports, forms and Discord. If you feel like we are missing a feature, or a change should be reverted - please don't hesitate to reach out via a Suggestions form. We'll keep you updated on any changes.

Moving forward, I'd like to focus on making sure our community gets the attention it deserves. In the past few months, our network has faced the consequences of people not being heard or listened to, and this is something that I will put my highest priority to to fix. Our team is very flexible when it comes to listening to suggested changes, and with the smooth development pipeline we have, these will be put to use immediately. I hope this will have an overall positive effect on the community, as everybody should deserve a chance to be listened to.

As mentioned previously, we are aiming towards a mid-June BETA release, with a full rollout at the end of the month. At this point in time, everything looks on-track for those dates. More on the server BETA will be released once we get closer to that date, so keep an eye on the forums for the details you'll need.

To end today's announcement... I'd like to leave you all today with a quick survey regarding the versions that Prime will be using. Let us know your opinion by voting through the link: https://goo.gl/forms/kdgGejU7D5IDRlDM2

In our next post, I would like to host a small revamp Q&A, so be sure to leave me with some questions to answer below!

See you next time!

Thanks,
    Jesse

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Zuckerberd

Zuckerberd Elder Member

first
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2018, Original Post Date: May 6, 2018 ---
    ill just say that you shouldn't make any bigger changes to the forums, theyre good the way they currently are and most people didnt like any changes made to the forums in the last year
    also if you make skyblock 1.12 losing 90% of the player count is guaranteed lol
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2018 ---
    and dude make more surveys for new content and updates
    every time before releasing a bigger update ask people if they want it

• Like Like x 2
  3. Flinche

Flinche Supreme Member

second!

glad to hear prime is in proper hands now

4. Xhyv

Xhyv Active Member

#LetsJesseMakePrimeGreatAgain

5. Rejoicing

Rejoicing Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna lie, 1.12 is actually fun to play. After leaving primemc I managed to find a server which was 1.12 with 1.8 pvp and it was amazing.

6. Zuckerberd

Zuckerberd Elder Member

still i doubt most people like it
    But as i remember you can play 1.9+ on here right now, so dont really understand the survey
    Maybe they want to make it 1.12 only, which would be terrible because pvp is important on skyblock

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Xhyv

Xhyv Active Member

1.12 server and 1.8 pvp should be perfect

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. LivingMeme

LivingMeme Senior Member

i could’ve swore they did that once and a shield would always be glitched
    --- Double Post Merged, May 6, 2018, Original Post Date: May 6, 2018 ---
    ^ did i phrase that correctly? looks weird !

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. JoelCedrasCool

Seventh.
    Looking like PrimeMC might just revive.

10. flrp

flrp Active Member

The 1.8 playerbase is dying by the day, while more people are switching to 1.12. Also with 1.13 coming soon, most developers will drop support for making 1.7 / 1.8 plugins. So it's better to adjust to the changes now.

11. Xhyv

Xhyv Active Member

I'm sure a lot of players will quit if the 1.9 pvp comes

12. Flinche

Flinche Supreme Member

dude I’m supposed to go to bed at 8:30 but I slept at 8:31 today

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Rejoicing

Rejoicing Well-Known Member

Woah there big boi

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. flrp

flrp Active Member

There's a plugin for 1.8 pvp, and it doesnt mess with a lot. Unless they change damage values and etc.

15. Xhyv

Xhyv Active Member

The 1.12/1.13 blocks etc. are perfect for SB but 1.9 pvp just * so hard, I'm sure a lot of people will quit than

16. flrp

flrp Active Member

Not really, in the current skyblock no one really pvped

EDIT: the only reason people will quit for good if that this reset sucks, like the past 3

17. Zuckerberd

Zuckerberd Elder Member

because in the currnt skyblock noone really played lol
    considering the terrible player count, a few months ago pvp wasnt dead at all
    Plus in 4.0and 5.0 more people pvped than played

18. Amberians

Amberians Supreme Member

I hope this time prime doesn't fail again because previously someone said the same thing about the coding and had to start from scratch again...

19. Xhyv

Xhyv Active Member

I'm sure @Affixes will do his job great

20. iMurderinq

iMurderinq New Member

Don't make 1.9 pvp, im sure people are going to quit!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1