The long awaited KitPVP reset!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PrimeMC Management, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrimeMC Management

PrimeMC Management Management Account
    Management Account

[​IMG]

Hello everyone!

We've finally released a big KitPVP update. We’ve spent quite a while trying to perfect the update and are super excited to be able to show you guys our months' work. Much to my glee, there is so much that makes this new reset amazing. This means that I won’t be able to showcase it all but you will be able to see the features for yourself by connecting to /server kitpvp.

New map

It’s mandatory that I start off with the new map. We tried to use as many of your suggestions as possible. What we got was that you wanted an open map, which we were happy to oblige to, with multiple biomes. The map does still have obstacles but there are no where near as many as well as no where near the same amount of crops! The map may look big but that’s just because it’s so open. The actual map is a large ring and one note we took was to get rid of the river which, I’ll add, there is still a river but it’s made of glass. That would be a painful swim…. If you haven’t seen the map yet, get a glance here!

Leaderboard

We know that KitPVP is especially competitive and therefore, we have composed a leader board.

[​IMG]
    This makes it even easier to track the most dangerous and dedicated players throughout the server. The leaderboard is composed of three sections: Balance, levels and killstreak. One cool thing about the leaderboards is not just that it’s bragging status but also that it’s everywhere! You even get a star prefix when you are on the leaderboard that looks something like this…

[​IMG]
    Not to mention the leaderboard trails! Yes… I said leaderboard trails. People who get on the leaderboard can toggle their own personal trails and hit effects in /settings.

[​IMG]

Potion Maker

The time has come that you can personalise your own potions. With a little bit of spare cash, you can make potions with your desired effects. You can choose from: Regeneration I, Regeneration II, Speed I, Speed II, Fire Resistance, Absorption III, Haste II or Jump Boost II. So much inventory space saved… Thank you /potions!

[​IMG]

Rewards and Challenges

A huge feature this reset is challenges and rewards. We decided it was about time to implement something that motivated players to get more kills, to get higher levels and to constantly strive to push up the ranks. Where as before, there weren't really any kind of checkpoints and the game mode didn't really have an aim, there is now a clear pathway that you can go to achieve a lot on the server.

[​IMG]
    /challenges (/c)
    [​IMG]

/rewards

Stats

To aid you on your way to the top of the leaderboard and conquering the map, we have created /stats. It looks something like this:

[​IMG]

This gives you all the information you need to know about your progress in the game and tells you what you need to do to become the best!

Cannon Shooting

Due to high demand, we have removed the drop down aspect of kitpvp that allowed a lot of kill farming. We have repeated what we did in skyblock and added cannons that shoot you randomly into the map so that you can get some chance at survival from those pesky campers.
    When you enter this cannon, your free inventory space is filled with health pots and you are propelled into a random space in the map.​

Miscellaneous Features

• A new level based donor kit purchase has been added (/buykits)

• /settings has been added to make a more customisable experience

• Tokens and plots have been removed

• More vaults are available due to the above

• Changes to the shop

• Changes to the vote crate and a new ‘Kit Crate’ added

• There is no longer a /warp duel instead you /duel the player in spawn and just a note, you have to stay still until they accept.

• Slight changes to rank kits

• Non and donors all have access to 18 vaults.

What's being kept?
    • All ranks
    What's being reset?
    • Everything else!
    Hope to see you all there and may the best rule the board!

#1 PrimeMC Management, Apr 19, 2017 at 9:52 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Realized

Realized Developer
    Developer

Aye

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rassyy

Rassyy Well-Known Member

Love the new kitpvp map and I saw also that there is more space in the spawn and that we also get more vaults. Hopely it will be not laggy!

4. Vapetic

Vapetic Active Member

Lit no lagg pvp on prime

5. MylesDev

MylesDev New Member

6. BrennanSB

BrennanSB Well-Known Member

Have fun, everybody! Hopefully, this will attract a bigger audience and satisfy elder members!

7. Ally

Ally Supreme Member

First page! This looks interesting... not a pvper tho. Hehe.

8. xJoshx

xJoshx Active Member

9. CommandBlock

CommandBlock Active Member

10. Jiren

Jiren Supreme Member

Let me say something. A lot of people hated the feature of 'cannon' on SkyBlock. Why reiterate it!

11. CommandBlock

CommandBlock Active Member

Boi the cannon is lit I love it. Glad to see kit pvp on a reset :D

12. Girlcatlove1524

Girlcatlove1524 Supreme Member

I am so happy there is a reset! When I started playing back in November of 2015, it was exactly the same as it was Yesterday, and now it has finally reset! :)

13. Reversekml

Reversekml Supreme Member

About time, almost a year if I remember correctly

14. FAKENETHDATEME

FAKENETHDATEME Dedicated Member

15. Chrissehh

Chrissehh Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. gay4update

gay4update Dedicated Member

17. Fauves

Fauves Supreme Member

18. Chaotic___

Chaotic___ Well-Known Member

Lol this is making me laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SupaSonic

SupaSonic Supreme Member

Ofc we have to see the map in shaders, just give us the default screenshots tbh, I don't want to see shaders because I highly doubt anyone will be pvping in shaders to see the map.

20. ScrumpyGames

ScrumpyGames Senior Member

Looks awesome, Sounds awesome, Is awesome! Well done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.