Suggestion: Website [Forums Cluttered]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cezcar, Apr 12, 2018.

?

Do you like this suggestion?

1. Yes!

50.0%
  2. No!

50.0%
  1. Cezcar

Cezcar Member

Which area of the server is your suggestion for?
    Website

What's your suggestion?
    Change The Forums Layout

How can this improve PrimeMC in general?
    This may just be a personal preference, but I think the forums here are cluttered and there is space taken up that could be compacted and better for viewing and finding experiences.

- I think that the category boxes (Off-Topic, Tutorials, Reports, and etc.) are too big and they could be compacted down so they just say what is in them. I believe that it would look better without the "latest" comment under it with the latest commenter. I think the same way about the "Accepted and Denied" comments under the categories. -- To add to this I think it would look best if it looked like this -> " [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/bd0755b6480b31bceb9bbb47d2605041 "

- Change the "Recent Threads" box so it only displays new/recent threads. Not the replies to said threads. This would make it easier for people to engage and interact without other's threads.

- "New Profile Posts" box isn't really needed. It clutters up the screen and could be removed or put in a separate tab up near "STATS". Maybe the same thing could happen with the Forum Statistics? Put it under that tab as well. Maybe keep it in the "MEMBERS" tab and not on the side.

- Last thing. If you keep some of the categories and threads locked and privated so the public can't see them then why have them? Just more space used that could go to something else.

If you have any more suggestions I'd love to hear! I'd love to hear your feedback as well c: Have a great day :):p

Anything else to add?
    These are suggestions that I think will help players navigate through the site and things related.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Merkage

Merkage Supreme Member

Adding onto this, compact the widget spacing to a smaller PT, and implement a bigger padding to things to make specifics stand out.

Make the width of the forum a bit bigger so things aren't too squashed together.

Agree with all your points too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JayMax_

JayMax_ Well-Known Member

it would seem as a good idea for it to be update with the server wide revamp i personally like it and i believe it should be implemented

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Debuffy

Debuffy Well-Known Member

In my opinion the forums are nice the way it is

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. ExoticMan

ExoticMan Well-Known Member

Could’ve have just disagreed on the poll

but In my opinion atm the server is more important than the forums . they need to get their crap together

6. Cezcar

Cezcar Member

Yes, the server is more important. They should focus on the server first. Then if they have time come here.

7. __89_175__1_____

__89_175__1_____ Elder Member

ill be honest the forums, at least to me, are almost perfect, i wouldnt change anything honestly because 99% of times they change something here people just complain

8. Cezcar

Cezcar Member

From a coming here and being a newbie I just think a revamp of the forums would make it easier to find certain things.

9. __89_175__1_____

upload_2018-4-14_18-37-23.png
    could it possibly be easier to make anything here easier to find? Only good thing about prime rn are the forums

10. Cezcar

Cezcar Member

That is way too small for me. Also, there are ways to make it better. There are ways to improve. Sure they may seem fine to you, but they could always be improved.

11. __89_175__1_____

wdym "small"? The screenshot?

12. Cezcar

Cezcar Member

The lettering on the page.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 15, 2018, Original Post Date: Apr 15, 2018 ---
    Yeah I don't understand why the actual forums are so small and the border/background is so big

13. __89_175__1_____

its really not small lol
    If youre talking about the screenshot i used shift + - to make the whole page be visible
    Why would the letters need to be biggrr

14. Cezcar

Cezcar Member

Okay, what is easy for you to read and navigate through may not be easy for others. That's all I'm saying.