Suggestion: Skyblock

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Scribb_, Mar 12, 2017.

?

Which Suggestion Would You Like to See In PrimeMC?

1. 1

50.0%
  2. 2

65.0%
  3. 3

75.0%
  4. I don't know enough about Minecraft entities and I want PrimeMC to be laggy!

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Scribb_

Scribb_ New Member

Which area of the server is your suggestion for?
    Skyblock

What's your suggestion?
    Ways To Fix Lag (Both Server & Client)

How can this improve PrimeMC in general?
    Obviously something has to be done in order to fix the lag Skyblock servers are experiencing.

PrimeMC right now is growing quickly, not countering lag will only deny growth to the server. The lag on the server must be "fixed" in some way, here are some methods of countering lag I can think of.

Just by thinking quickly in the perspective of a server griefer, there are many ways in getting the tps to drop.

1) Mobs do not depsawn.

If someone were to remove the lava accidentally or purposely in their IG grinder/ Place a mob spawner without a mechanism to automatically kill them, they would be in stacks of 100 and result in a huge amount of entities required for the server to load.

2) Stacked items (Like I put in an earlier post)

When items are on the ground, instead of having items dropping individually and then stacking into 64, make them combine into 1 item entity with a value of how many items we're combined. This enables the server to handle more items with fewer entities to render, resulting in a higher tps for the server and higher fps for the client.

3) Stacked Mobs

In this season of SkyBlock, you are easily able to get thousands of spawners. Not saying that the economy is unbalanced, but there need to be something done with the huge amount of mobs the server and player has to render. I know that in previous versions of SkyBlock, entities can stack into 10k. This feature was removed because it was too "op". Now since mobs in a stack die in stacks from only environmental damage, farming mobs for XP does not become op. If anyone is saying for whatever reason that mobs stacking in grinders become "op", ask yourself whether its better for the everyone to be slightly more op or for the server to suffer in tps and the player in fps. If this feature is implemented, problem 1 would be solved.

Anything else to add?
    Feel free to add in any ideas/opinions to make the server and client less laggy.
    Pure salt will be deleted.
    Please do not post blindly before doing research/do not know how Minecraft and entities work.
    If anyone thinks adding a mob limit will help, it limits growth and all competitive SkyBlock players will hate it.

Thanks For Reading,
    -Scribb_ (Experienced Minecraft and Skyblock Player)

#1 Scribb_, Mar 12, 2017 at 4:41 AM
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. YallyGaming

YallyGaming Senior Member

The server had to restart because of those reasons today. This is the biggest need of PrimeMC at the moment if you ask me. People with bad PC's can't handle the lag sometimes, and overall, being laggy isn't a pleasure for anyone.

Overall, +1 on all 3 things

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Ironink2

Ironink2 New Member

+1 on all 3. The server tps has dropped significantly over the past few weeks. All 3 of these suggestions should be added in as it will significantly boost the overall game play quality.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  4. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

You didn't actually suggest a way to fix this. Adding a mob limit would be bad. The best option is to just add back entity clear. Also you are still wrong about the item thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Moonwalking

Moonwalking Senior Member

Skyblock is laggy?? lol since when. Should compare it to kitpvp. Might wanna fix kitpvp first then, if there is lag, Skyblock

6. Scribb_

Scribb_ New Member

lag as in tps but this also fixes fps lag

7. Moonwalking

blah blah blah I don't lag. tps lag means the whole server lags which means I should lag, and I don't

8. Girlcatlove1524

Helper

For the first one, I prefer without clearing animals since you can not breed animals that spawn on your island. I have multiple ocelots and I do not want to lose them. As for the second one, I think it would be nice, but it may cause some problems like not receiving all of your items, or it could possibly create a duplication glitch. I do like the third idea though.

9. Moonwalking

We like our OP grinders :c
    All we need is fricking clear lag every 10 minutes or 6 minutes, that easy

10. cf_ranger

cf_ranger Helper
    Helper

I do like the third idea of stacking up mobs as it does reduce the number of entities the server has to render for the spawners. As for the second idea, it may work in both the player's favor and not at the same time since if one diamond were to combine with other diamonds and it were to fall in lava, you technically lose all of it. Definitely no for the first one as I spent hours on getting the ocelots for Girlcat.

11. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

Kid. Fps lag is client side. It's based on how good your computer is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. YoungManKirai

YoungManKirai Infamous Member

Prison and kitpvp are 10 times more laggy
    Fix them first because it's impossible to pvp

13. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

This has nothing to do with minecraft. This just has to do with the universal defenition of fps lag. Also stop post farming

14. Ironink2

Ironink2 New Member

Kid stop. FPS lag and TPS is different. If you come to our farm doesn't matter how good your pc is you'll lag. TPS lag is server wide.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

I never said they were the same... I said that fps isn't minecraft related that's just a universal thing.

16. Ironink2

Ironink2 New Member

Kinda. If your going to an OP farm it'll use more of your pc resources making fps lag.

17. Moonwalking

Frame rate, (expressed in frames per second or FPS) is the frequency (rate) at which consecutive images called frames are displayed in an animated display. The term applies equally to film and video cameras, computer graphics, and motion capture systems.

Minecraft's game loop normally runs at a fixed rate of 20 ticks per second, so one tick happens every 0.05 seconds. An in-game day lasts exactly 24000 ticks, or 20 minutes. However, if the computer is unable to keep up with this speed, there will be fewer game ticks per unit time.

ok now stop talking about it now,
    pce

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 13, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 13, 2017 ---
    "TPS = Ticks per second, RAM usually does not effect TPS, if you run out of RAM your server will just usually crash without any lag.
    20 TPS is the maximum TPS, and thats what you should aim for. If its below 15, you will notice lag.

Your latency and your TPS have got NOTHING TO DO WITH EACH OTHER. On my old host i had 120 people online with a 4Mb/s internet, laggy as hell, but the server was still at 20 TPS."

https://www.spigotmc.org/threads/what-is-tps.4277/

k now stop being dumbos

• Like Like x 1
  18. Roy0406

Roy0406 Member

I have to say that skyblock isn't laggy for me (I play with 20-50fps) and it works perfectly fine for me. Maybe it's your wifi that makes you laggy

19. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

... they aren't talking about fps lag. They are talking about tps lag.

20. ThomasMC_

ThomasMC_ Helper
    Helper

I don't think this would be needed anymore, since there isn't really server lag on Skyblock.