Denied Suggestion: All Servers

Discussion in 'Denied Suggestions' started by AnonX, Mar 20, 2017.

?

Do you think this suggestion could benefit PrimeMC?

1. Yes!

2. No!

3. Permanent Ban All The Way

4. Only Temporary Bans Should Be Used As Punishment

5. Permanent Bans Only For The Worst Offences

6. Keep The Ban System As It Is

7. Keep The Ban System As It Is However Allow Permanent Bans To Be Removed With Obvious Change/Remorse

8. Other [Please Specify In The Forum]

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnonX

AnonX New Member

Which area of the server is your suggestion for?
    All Servers

What's your suggestion?
    Permanent Ban Ethics

How can this improve PrimeMC in general?
    Before I start I want to make sure that you all know that I have a clean record and do not plan to scam, hack, or etc. instead I'm speaking for the general and several of my friends who may have made previous mistakes

Well to delve into the point I want to first say my suggestion and then expand on it.
    I believe that there should be a way (other than paying) to get unbanned when you actually did go against the rules and more specifically by hacking.

As of now with your system, if you are caught hacking you are banned permanently even if it was just an arrogant mistake or if you later regret your decisions and are what people would call a changed person.
    Obviously this is all my opinion but shouldn't it be right to give someone another chance when they have actually changed or do you believe that you should keep a converted man in hell.

Just look at the prison system of America, first off not only do many people have shortened sentences due to obvious changes but also only people with the worst of crimes have life sentences (permanent bans) which include crimes like murder which for a game would not compare to this minimal hacking instead maybe murder could be compared to completely killing the server or using a hack that bans other people.

From what I see, most people that are using downloaded hacks such as cheat engines are just arrogant at the time and want to get ahead (giving them an advantage) not to harm someone else (most of the time), however, being banned does change people just like prison does and should be used as a way of rehab not as a way to keep people from society (unless again in the worst of scenarios).

Well I will end by saying I wrote this because one of my friends who may have done something stupid got permanently banned and is gone for good. I won't go deep into this but I guess if an admin sees this please send me a message or something so I can discuss his ban and ways to end it.

Thank you for reading even if you decline the suggestion!

Anything else to add?
    I love the server and many of the methods but some things even long running rules should be revised

Again Thank you

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Joseph0514

Joseph0514 New Member

I really agree with this guy after a certain amount of time staff should talk with the guy/girl about it. people change and deserve second chances and not everyone has 20 bucks

3. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

People broke the rules. I don't think they should be able to get unbanned easily. I think that after a year you should be able to appeal perm bans. I don't think you should associate this with a real prison.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Zombiepower

Zombiepower Well-Known Member

I agree with you , i am always giving people a second chance. Directly giving someone a permanent ban isn't always good people change after while and they would even stop hacking but they can't get unbanned. So like you said i would just give everyone a second chance by banning them first for 1-4months so that they can think of what they did wrong and will stop doing it (Same as a last warning for a perm ban) . If they make a mistake after they got temporary banned they will directly be perm banned even when they make a small mistake. Ofcource everyone who broke the rules badly will get a permanently ban from the server.

5. AnonX

AnonX New Member

Actually I think the connection with real prison is
    I just got one question.
    What is wrong with the connection to a real prison?
    Shouldn't the developers/mods of this server look toward an already developed and renovated punishment system to develop their own?
    Learning from the mistakes of others is the way people have gotten as far as they have and I believe even in a game it is correct to progress this way.

6. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

But real prison is on a whole different level. Also irl crimes are a lot more serious and punishments should be dealt with differently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. albertcool2

albertcool2 Well-Known Member

If you really want a comparison.
    • Ban appeals = court appeals
    • Data Purge = bail fee

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. AnonX

AnonX New Member

How about shortened sentences?

9. albertcool2

Isn't that something that can happen after certain ban appeals?

10. AnonX

AnonX New Member

Well I see ban appeals as the original court debate which you receive while in trial to decide the eligibility of your conviction.
    So technically ban appeals cant really be connected to shortened sentences because they may come at random times throughout the imprisonment, however if ban appeals were allowed several times then I guess it would be a bit different.

11. albertcool2

Well at this point the server gave an oppertunity to for the guilty person to explain themself, thats kinda all we need.

12. Orian

Orian Sr. Moderator
    Sr. Moderator

To compare the situation to life, a ban from PrimeMC could be compared to a ban from your favourite restaurant, while prison is much more severe and the punishments you're given affect your future a lot; employers are reluctant to employ you, and you're isolated from society for a long period of time (Depending on what you did, of course).
    I don't see how a comparison to a real prison system in the US could work.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. AnonX

AnonX New Member

Well that offers no time for change but i guess that is your opinion
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 20, 2017 ---
    ^
    Reply to albert
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2017 ---
    Also if you aren't willing to compare this to life ill be straight forward and simple
    Just don't forget that in this game are mostly kids which are prone to change at the flick of a finger with simply some aging therefore still I believe that changed beliefs and morals deserve another chance and if you believe this is wrong then say what you need but in my opinion there is something wrong with your standards if you believe that people don't deserve a second chance
    Also I never said the unban should be easy to attain for example (Yea again real life) prison sentences that are shortened are fairly rare well and sometimes just pure luck like when a president gives random prisoners shortened sentences if not instant freedom
    But still the thing to get out of this is that unbans should be somewhat rare but still present
    Also with everything you guys said how come you accept the 20 dollar payment to be unbanned?

14. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

Because. Most people wont buy an unban if they are just going to break more rules. Generally it means they changed.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. AnonX

AnonX New Member

Is it because the server likes money? Is it because it shows that they are willing to lose 20 dollars in order to play again (doesn't prove innocence of that they wont hack again) Or do you believe that it does show change or at least would make them think before they hack
    posted that a bit late but still
    meant "or that they wont hack again" not of
    well to your reply though I want to say that the payment doesn't prove anything, many scammers will still scam after a small sacrifice unless they actually did change which can not be proven by money at all but you guys accept it as a free pass
    Well I'm done with this argument for now as i have to go but if you have something to say please continue
    This isn't a decision i will make myself but the community and mods will make so it doesn't require me
    Even though i doubt many people will support it without me on XD well whatever happens, happens

I will defend everyone no matter what views so no worry's go all out if needed

Cya later

16. albertcool2

Because we don't want random rule breakers the ability to easily come back, also we don't break rules so it wasn't our problem to begin with.

On top of all that, remember the bail thing I mentioned?

17. AnonX

AnonX New Member

Well I'm back

First off again read before you post, I never meant for it to be an easy process

Next your arguments can all be considered biased if you back them up with, "we don't break rules so it doesn't apply to us"
    And so yea obviously if you were scammed and you hate that person and gladly would watch them rot in hell then I don't believe you have a right to say something about the position of people just like him but that have changed

If you don't care then its easy to just crap onto this suggestion but those other people that aren't your problems may just want to play a game because after all this is all prime mc Is, so what is wrong with giving them another chance if they actually deserve it

Again no hate just arguing
    Also before anyone mentions this, YES I am also biased in this argument however on the other hand I have also been scammed and hacked losing a lot of stuff not just in prime mc or games in general so I know how it feels but if a murdering demon becomes an angel he deserves the right to repent and to receive forgivness
    Also I keep saying this but just to make it clear, I may be sounding aggressive but I'm just passionate about this suggestion and so it translate to anger in text but that isn't what this is.

Love you all :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AnonX

AnonX New Member

Calling me a retard is quite a dumb argument, all I did was use compare two systems of punishment.
    Also I'm not American so what Is your point?
    Also many games are built based on real concepts if not even events so why cant a the ban system be compared to prison I want a reason before you get away with calling be a retard?
    To add to all this my argument had nothing to do with prison, again I just used that to back up my primary objective in the suggestion

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. c9G

c9G Dedicated Member

BECAUSE IT'S A BLOCK GAME RETARD
    it's the person's fault if they decided to hack. That's how it works
    If you don't want to get banned then don't hack.
    If you do hack and get banned, you can just make a ban appeal

20. albertcool2

Although the caps could have gone down a bit, he does make a valid point. The whole point is that IRL prisons and banning systems on this server are not things that you compare so easily as said in @Orian 's claim. It just a game, they are not taking away someone's freedom, and there are other servers to play on

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.