So What's Our Next Step?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Mistagojo, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Mistagojo

Mistagojo Community Manager
    Manager

✦ Community Announcement ✦

Since the last announcement, our administration team has carefully reviewed some things that are in high demand at the moment.

@MrMerkage had conducted a player survey in which 140+ participants from the community have contributed. The survey’s purpose was to gather and compile the opinions from the community regarding what PrimeMC as a whole, is doing well and where we need to improve. This announcement is to outline some of the major points that we have noticed from the survey and where we plan to go from here. I want to thank each and every one of you that participated in the survey, and if you have not submitted any responses yet you can do so by clicking here. This survey will be concluded in the near future, however; our team will be conducted several more on various topics so that we can make decisions that you want to see. Power to the Player!

✦ Moderation Team and Hacked Clients ✦

With the survey that we have conducted, ~86.9% of the users that participated was less than satisfied when it comes to the staff team dealing with hackers. Of course you can give some leeway for some troll responses and such, but even then that percentage is definitely disappointing. In order to improve those numbers we will be conducting more rigorous staff interviews as well as staff training. We will even be going as far to educate the current staff team with some extended meetings and calls going over everything they need to know in order to properly identify a hacked client. On top of this, we will be reworking some of the official punishment documentation in order to clearly outline and differentiate certain punishments so that there is no confusion.

✦ Listening to the community ✦
    One of the largest points discussed here recently has been the server suggestions. Something that we would like to improve on is getting the entire communities opinion on suggestions rather than just a single user. MrMerkage will be working closely with the community in order to gather additional feedback and suggestions to ensure that what you want is added. We will now be sorting through suggestions much more frequently. On top of this, we will be doing a new bi-weekly community poll/announcement on suggestions. Every two weeks we will compile some of the most requested potential suggestions into a single thread where the community can read about each suggestion as well as voice their opinion through a vote. This of course does not mean that suggestions will be added every two weeks, it simply means that we have heard you clearly and would like to add/edit/remove this in the near future.

Furthermore, we will be starting a new event here at Prime. Every so often we will conduct an open meeting for all members of the community to voice their opinions, comments, suggestions, concerns, etc. This meeting will be an open place of conversation where we all things that are related to Prime can be discussed directly with the administration team.

✦ Informing the community ✦
    Another subject that I have heard endless feedback on is community announcements/updates. I can admit that the team has not been the most successful in the past when it comes to relaying information to the community, and that is something I would like to make a point about. As a community you shouldn’t feel so disconnected that you rarely have a clue what is going on here or even if there is any progress. On that note, we plan to start releasing frequent changelogs and announcing major updates when necessary.

✦ Becoming a community ✦

I personally know how fun and heartwarming it is to be apart of and participate in a thriving Minecraft community and we know that it might not have seemed like that for a while. We want to improve and innovate PrimeMc so that it becomes a more attractive place to call home and in the long run makes it a more inviting and welcoming place to stay.

Events are a spectacular way to unite the community and form bonds that you won’t find anywhere else if they are done and executed perfectly. We also plan to utilize discord and other communication techniques in order to strengthen the relationship between community members as well as decrease the gap between the staff team and the community. We are already planning community feedback nights to gauge your feedback as a community and hopefully help us produce the content you want to see. Power to the players!

That will conclude this announcement, I look forward to a better and brighter future here at PrimeMC!

#1 Mistagojo, Oct 4, 2017 at 7:20 PM
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 22
    • Like Like x 7
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. c9G

c9G Dedicated Member

Finally an open management. That's what I like to see.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

second

I'm glad this is happening. Suggestions have always been the most frustrating part of prime for me. Keep up the promising work.

4. eagles_68

eagles_68 Member

Sounds like a reformation of prime, something that should've been done months ago. Nice to see it finally happening and I hope this goes well and lasts a long time.

5. TriggeredBacon

TriggeredBacon Well-Known Member

Finally! Suggestions are getting some love and PrimeMC is now coming out of it's shell

4th!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Salted

Salted Well-Known Member

I can already tell you are going to do great things for prime, thank you very much sir.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Merkage

Merkage Administrator
    Administrator

Thank you, we will try to keep everybody in the loop as often as we can and post changes more frequently :D

• Like Like x 2
  8. bmvdbcrafter

bmvdbcrafter Helper
    Helper

Good job guys, the management is now telling us what they are doing! I am pretty happy that the suggestions are gonna be done. Nice work guys stay strong. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Chefpita

Chefpita Active Member

Keep the good work :)

10. 7x6

7x6 Well-Known Member

Good job, this is why you're a way better manager.

11. far9448

far9448 Member

training the staff will definitely help. Thanks @MrMerkage

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Lenkin

Lenkin Sr. Moderator
    Sr. Moderator

Nice to see the community being integrated more into the management of the server. There's always room for improvement and I hope to see what becomes of these changes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BelugaWhale

BelugaWhale Dedicated Member

Honestly, the thing that needs fixing the most is the staff team... Atleast two annoying money sucking staffs are gone now.
    I can't count how many staff reports i've made of some staffs who didn't even understand what it meant to be staff on here. Only take the GOOD applications, and not the three word sentences apps, even if in need of staffs. Ruined prime last time, ey?
    @MrMerkage
    (Also pls fix kitpvp)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Merkage

Merkage Administrator
    Administrator

Staff apps i completely dislike currently i will be changing it soon

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ItsMeCharlie

ItsMeCharlie Active Member

Why is that Merkage, don't you like the current layout??

16. Merkage

Merkage Administrator
    Administrator

Layouts crap, dosen’t ask stuff we need, too many peoplecopy and paste stuff or get help on applications. I want an interview process too so people can’t lie and i get a real picture of whom they are

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. ItsMeCharlie

ItsMeCharlie Active Member

Great idea, it would increase the good staff to the bad staff

18. puckvapes

puckvapes Well-Known Member

Yeah, with the current layout the management team doesn't really get an idea of the person they are accepting as staff and it also doesn't show if they would be a good staff member that knows what they are doing. All it currently shows is why they want to be staff not what they would do with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kirai

Kirai Elder Member

add "How good are you in detecting hacks" question

like seriously a report of someone not taking kb at all (litteraly the cheapest and most obvious client" got denied
    staff need to look at videos more *** carefully not just look at the first 4 seconds and then deny it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. 7x6

7x6 Well-Known Member

he's making a test to check or staff can detect hacks.