Revamp Update Short Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, May 31, 2018.

1. Affixes

Project Manager

Hey everyone,

As the month of June starts kicking off, the revamp is coming closer and closer. This week, we will be making some essential management decisions that will have an impact on the server going forward. We would appreciate your feedback to get us headed in the right direction.

Updates
    Before we get started, just a quick few updates concerning the actual server revamp. We now have visuals of our WIP Skyblock builds and a Factions Arena! Check them out at the links below. Along with this, new pages for our site were produced - and there’s an official sneak peek at our logo. Let us know what you think! We hope that we’ll be able to show you our new store and forums by next week. :)

[​IMG]
    Factions PvP

[​IMG]
    Factions PvP

[​IMG]
    Skyblock Spawn

[​IMG]
    Skyblock Spawn (PvP Zone)

[​IMG]
    Skyblock PvP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Play Page

[​IMG]
    Punishments Lookup

Structural Changes

Something that has not been addressed up until now, are many of the structural changes that we’ll be making to the way things run at Prime. With a fresh new server, we want to make sure we’re up-to-date with everyone’s daily needs. This goes a long way: From staff applications, to handbooks, server rules, requirements and submission forms.

We’re looking to see where the community thinks we can improve. Is there a specific server rule that you feel like needs to be changed, added or clarified? Or maybe there’s a staff requirement that we’ve been missing? Feel free to let us know in the discussion below, and we will take your feedback into account. The final versions of these updates will be launched the same day as the BETA goes live.

That’s all for today. More news coming to you very soon!

Thanks,
    Jesse

#1 Affixes, May 31, 2018 at 11:29 AM
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Xhyv

Xhyv Active Member

First

• Useful Useful x 2
  3. Ahmod

Ahmod Dedicated Member

Sounds like something is actually getting updated, nice

4. xMc

xMc Active Member

Well firstly I would look at your prior posts comments about KitPvP being removed but factions staying, if you would want to talk about it more then I am more than happy to talk about it either here or via Dm's

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. eSuicide

eSuicide Active Member

yo kits outta here? imma just leave prime now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. _Xev

_Xev Supreme Member

You don't just need to redo handbooks and submission forms, you need to fire the entire team and work from the ground up. Hire someone who can handpick their own staff team of skilled players in the area and then open applicants if needs be.

Can you clarify to us what will be done with the staff team after the revamp? I believe a so called "New network" needs a new staff team. Completely re-branded.

EDIT: Also, skywars? :eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Kirai

Kirai Elder Member

You should change the type of blocks in the skyblock pvp arena to something darker, like red, orange and brown clay
    it could be done w world edit in a few minutes
    It also kinda looks too simple
    Could be just me, but i dont really like it

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. eSuicide

eSuicide Active Member

i feel like mostly everything i saw in this post was basic as hell

9. Merkage

Merkage Supreme Member

For the Website,

Add Social Networks which are tiny buttons alongside the Main Navigation bar but not too obtrusive OR include it into the disclaimer Footer at the bottom of the website with other external links such as the T.o.S. Prime has a Twitter but it hardly gets used. Maybe by putting it somewhere people know about it will entice people to use it more. It would also allow you to reach out to a better demographic and appeal to a lot more people.

Make the top header alot slimmer, i've never liked huge logos, something clean, and fits into the style of the site by not being too large would look alot better.

Make the width of the forums section larger than the current that prime has. I think spacing wise it needs to be alot bigger.

These are some changes i made to a standard default UI-X White theme for another server.
      • Changed the Border thickness around nodes and various other things from 2PT>3PT to make things stand out more
      • Changed the Side widget padding width from Medium to Small
      • Changed the search bar width / Height so it is a bit smaller.
      • Underlined the titles on the forum nodes.
      • Changed the node gutter size from 4PT>3PT

PvP map needs more vibrant colors, I agree with Kirai that things need to be changed to clay. Koth if possible in SkyBlock PvP, or a meteor style system that the current Prison has that people can earn things from.

Skyblock MUST have a working tutorial upon release aswell as example chest shop signs (If you are utilizing this plugin) & how to make basic cobblestone generators.

Rules:

Remove Admitting to Duping / Hacking. People mainly troll with this and waste staff time. It's 9 times out of 10 a joke and if someone is hacking they won't admit it. Just categorize this under wasting staff time should they keep saying it, or ignoring a staff request to stop saying it.

Death threats to another player - Not sure why this was changed at all to be honest with you, it shouldn't be the same punishment length as promoting suicide. Death threats are ILLEGAL and the punishment for this offence should be a long term ban, if not permanent.

1h Mute for character spam & capitals? Bit harsh to be fair.
    1. Warning
    2. 15 minute mute
    3. 30 minute mute
    Ignoring staff is completely situational and dosen't always help to mute somebody. If it's game-play related then a temp-ban should be applied where the mute would be. I.E Please stop spamming anvils down.

There were common punishments in which I made that at the time the staff team and community liked / agreed upon, there were no issues with those.

Also since I STRONGLY disliked the HBL system Prime had, when I moved to Neths server briefly i wanted a HBL made but a more up to date system. This is something we came up with

https://image.prntscr.com/image/ftjOAd2QReKRmbry5omKxA.png
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/N4UICuu_Ri6F-zxBBbRyqw.png

I believe Stephen made the old Hbl

Also this is an alternative idea to a HBL

https://gyazo.com/6571da773270fcecc95afaa0fcd7b7f7

#9 Merkage, May 31, 2018 at 12:51 PM
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. ChickenJensen

ChickenJensen New Member

Looks good
    Looks great! Can't wait to see this revamp come out in June!

11. zMintyAxe_

zMintyAxe_ Member

dont remove kitpvp god nobody played factions to begin with lol everyone loves it removoe goddam factions hahaa

12. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Supreme Member

is the server logo and website theme suppose to be like a modern theme? seeing that alex has updated his profile on twitter with crypto currencies (not saying it's a bad thing cuz ya know I love crypto)
    also the builds don't really seem special, it seems too basic to be 'prime' style; seeing that prime is being updated to a modern theme, why would the builds differ from the theme of the server. from this point i just think it's a basic skyblock setup with nothing special (kinda expected a more modern build)
    plus kinda glad the build sizes are different since the past resets are just the build differences.
    though i do want to see the differences it will have compared to the gamemode setups when prime was at it's all time high.

My question is, what are you guys planning to do with server advertising, seeing that most users won't be checking the minecraft server list anytime soon (so would be a waste of server funds), and for the past youtubers; they've mostly quit since there was many bugs with the server and due to them losing interest in filming on the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SiccMoves

SiccMoves Supreme Member

im just leaving this here because the website is way too flat and simplistic and makes an overall bad impression

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. jordan11_14

jordan11_14 Member

We’re looking to see where the community thinks we can improve. Is there a specific server rule that you feel like needs to be changed, added or clarified? Or maybe there’s a staff requirement that we’ve been missing? Feel free to let us know in the discussion below, and we will take your feedback into account. The final versions of these updates will be launched the same day as the BETA goes live.

Remove fake hacking or change the punishment.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 31, 2018, Original Post Date: May 31, 2018 ---
    woops I removed the quote.

15. iAss

iAss New Member

Allow afk on skyblock or at least double the time ranks can afk. This would improve the economy and it would be one less stupid rule staff have to enforce.

16. Merkage

Merkage Supreme Member

Afking wouldn't better the economy, it would devalue all blocks coming into the gamemode. Furthermore it would mean more people would sit on an ALT account, afk a spawner or afk mine and the gamemode will become unsociable.

They need to be implementing things which makes people interact and get benefit from, rather than the above.

17. iAss

iAss New Member

afking is an essential part of any farm or grinder based server and everyone deserves to be able to do that. Having no ranks only be able to afk for only 5 minutes is completely unfair and even most donators cant afk for over an hour.

18. Merkage

Merkage Supreme Member

Afking should be set at a constant level across all ranks not just one. I agree 5 minutes is too low. Maybe 15 minutes for EVERY rank. Otherwise you're just promoting Alts too much.

19. iAss

iAss New Member

Whats wrong with alts?

20. jordan11_14

jordan11_14 Member

15 mins is way too low