Revamp Update Rule Updates & More

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Affixes

Project Manager

Hey everyone!

Welcome back to another revamp update. I hope you’re enjoying these consistent posts as much as we are, while working towards a fast and smooth server release. This week, we will be tackling yet another important area of the server: administration.

New Rules
    No, not the Dua Lipa song. Yesterday, we released a large update across our “Important Information” forum, which includes across-the-board updates to our rules and other administrative documents, like the allowed modifications list and upload evidence requirements.

We suggest you check out the forum yourself and have a read over all the new documents. You will notice that the Discord, Forum and Server rules share a lot of similarities with each other. We do this to make everything more streamlined and easier to understand for everyone.

In short, here are the most notable changes to our server rules:
    1. Punishments are no longer being displayed on the rules list, and are at a staff member’s own discretion depending on the (severity of the) issue. Staff members are required to follow a guideline and use common sense while punishing, however in the past many players would figure out how to get away with crossing the line because of this.

2. PG-13 is now enforced in chat. This means that all profane language must be done somewhere else, and definitely not in public for everyone to see.

3. Hackusations have now been more generalised and are seen as general “accusations”. This can be extended to further categories such as scamusating.

4. Server Hate has now been generalised as “hate speech”, meaning that any kind of hate shown (in public) towards a player, feature, or anything else is not allowed. Of course, we know there are always areas to improve, and we encourage you to submit feedback on our website. Please do this instead of spreading hate, as that is generally just annoying and not something we can work with.

5. Scamming is still not allowed, however due to the severe amount of scamming issues we can no longer reimburse players for their items. We understand that this is an annoying change, however Prime is too big of a server to deal with hundreds of scamming issues a day. Please be careful while dealing with other players.

6. The “Admitting to hacking/duping/stealing/…” rule has been removed. Players can only be banned for any of these actions if the act has been proven. This is to counter situations where, for example, relatives log onto player’s accounts to try to get them banned as an act of trolling.

7. Mini-modding is now an official rule. This is where you pretend to be or talk like a member of our staff team to other in-game players. We appreciate all of the help that we can get from our community, however this is something our official staff team can deal with.

8. The donator commands that you receive through the server store, are not allowed to be abused. Please also remember that buying anything from our store doesn’t make you less prone to being punished. If you annoy other players with one of your donator perks (eg. Spamming /kittycannon), you risk being banned or your permissions taken away.

9. Griefing is now listed as a rule separate form “scamming/stealing”, as that is a different action as a whole. Griefing is a serious offense, however as a player you are responsible for protecting your own builds. All of our servers have systems in place for this. We cannot fix or refund items or builds that were lost in a grief that you made possible. Note that griefing is allowed on Factions as this is part of the game there.

10. Spawn killing has been added as a rule. If you purposely kill a player over and over again, you ruin their experience playing on our server for zero to no benefit. This is something that from now on may be punished.

11. PvP Logging is now included in the server rules, making logging out while in PvP a punishable offense. We have measures in place that detect PvP loggers and kill you upon logging out, so overall it’s just not worth it to do this.
    Once again, this is just a quick rundown of the most notable changes. All of our rules have been built from the ground up, so we advice that you check them out yourself. Over the coming days, you will notice additional updates around the forums, including new submission forms to post bugs, suggestions, purchase issues or other support related activities.

Blacklist
    Prime is cracking down on toxicity, and to help us bring inappropriate server behaviour down to a minimum, last week we have decided to introduce a blacklist. Players who are added to our blacklist create a severe impact on our community by showing disruptive and rude behaviour. Being blacklisted means you no longer have access to the Prime Forums, Server or Discord. Please be warned if you are amongst the players who risk being blacklisted.

Community Meetup Event
    In light of our upcoming revamp, we will soon be hosting a small community meetup event! This is the perfect opportunity to sit down and meet some of the management team, share ideas, and have a good time getting to know each other better! We encourage you to come down for a chat, this Sunday (the 15th) at 6PM EST on our Discord! I will personally be there to answer all of your questions!

Closed BETA
    Last week, we touched base on a closed BETA event that we are planning to do for some of the OG Prime members. I’m happy to say that we have received over 100 responses, and we’re ready to set an official date for this BETA moment to happen.

The official date is Sunday, the 22nd of July, at 6PM EST. At this time, all qualifying Prime members will be allowed early entry into the Prime Revamp, and will be working closely with us to perfect gameplay features where possible before the full release. We do urge that this is a closed BETA for a reason, and many issues or changes may arise. So be warned!

More information on how to join the BETA will be provided in DM to those who qualify, so keep a look at out on your messages!

Alright, that’s it for today! See you soon for more announcements.

Thanks,
    Jesse

#1 Affixes, Jul 10, 2018 at 1:26 PM
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. Wilson777

Wilson777 Member

Well cool. I can't wait to see the new changes once the changes become public. Great work! I can already tell that they are going to be interesting.

3. WolfDW

WolfDW Active Member

Good Luck to everyone in the beta! Hype!

4. Debuffy

Debuffy Well-Known Member

I don’t agree with the part where you can’t get reimbursed for scamming, people take time to get those items and when they lose it to scammers it’s really discouraging

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xhyv

Xhyv Active Member

You just need to be carefull

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. LivingMeme

LivingMeme Senior Member

Are you going to fix the Discord linking? I kinda never re-linked after you kicked everyone. (I havnt tried yet so i apologize if you already fixed it!) I’m asking because it says linking will be fixed after the revamp and the meetup is before the revamp

7. Affixes

Project Manager

Yep, this will be fixed once the revamp launches. We have already re-coded the link mechanism for our new network :)

8. LivingMeme

LivingMeme Senior Member

so we won’t be able to participate in the community meetup if we aren’t currently linked?

9. XGameBoy22

XGameBoy22 New Member

So in this post you mentioned the community meet up. Now, I want to be there, but am not currently in the PrimeMC Discord channel. If i follow the instructions untill i get the invite and accept it, i get told the current way to join (which is described to me in discord) doesn't work because of the revamp. I really want to be there, so how do I join the discord now?

10. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Supreme Member

PG-13 server, but the song you provided talks about the whamen in the guys bed in the morning. Very PG-13

Now that that's out of the way, Many players that got blacklisted don't deserve a blacklist as they haven't done anything along the lines of 'extreme toxicity' within the months you've been back at Prime. But like you stated in your return thread, you put the past behind you, so why can't you put the toxicity in the past? I'm not trying to burst your bubble here but it doesn't seem fair especially when you want the community to forgive you for what you've done, but you can't forgive those who have been toxic in the past. For example, Walrus doesn't deserve the blacklist as he honestly hasn't been toxic on prime. So if you can make it so everyone has a clean slate and those who continue to show signs of extreme toxicity, gets blacklisted. Like the Prime community has given you a second chance, why don't you give the players of the prime community a second chance to redeem themselves? @Affixes

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Pixlminus

Pixlminus Active Member

6:00 pm est is what in PST?

12. Fauves

Fauves Supreme Member

Thanks for the update, and I’m happy minimodding isn’t allowed :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. PiizzaLovesMelon

PiizzaLovesMelon Active Member

If there is no staff online can we mini-mod than by saying:" I am not staff but maybe I can help you."?

14. Affixes

Project Manager

DM me your Discord name. Normally things should work perfectly fine.

I don't agree with that comparison. Players on the blacklist have been given many, many chances in the past.

3PM PST :)

That would not be seen as mini-modding. Generally an act is only seen as mini-modding when a player is talking down on another user to enforce some type of rule.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Xx_ALPHAKING_xX

lets make prime great agaim

16. WolfDW

WolfDW Active Member

Linking for me doesn't work at all, can I PM it to you and you will add me as well?

17. keldlando

keldlando Well-Known Member

would we know if we have not been accepted into the closed beta as well or just be notified if we are accepted

18. UpsideDownTaco

UpsideDownTaco Well-Known Member

Good that you guys are expanding on the rules, but, are all the staff currently working on the revamp? I haven't seen any staff on the server in a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Falus

Falus Active Member

Toxicity is now a blacklist? The staff here are the kind of people who would call the SWAT team just because someone called them "stupid." So, will saying "EZ PZ" now be a permanent ban? I really don't agree with many of the other rules either. The old ones were better.

20. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Supreme Member

You can compare exposing the owner for all the bad things he has done in the past. But we all have forgave trkey for said things he has done. So why can't said players have a new chance? Also those chances were not present since the old management basically gave up. If the world didn't have a government that cared, the same thing would happen; chaos would've occured.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1