Regarding staff.

Discussion in 'Global' started by XxGam3ma2t3rxX, Jan 11, 2017.

1. XxGam3ma2t3rxX

XxGam3ma2t3rxX Active Member

Now I am not shooting shots at any staff. However I do believe there needs to be one staff member on Prison Thunder at least 3 hours a day as hackers just come and go. One flew around out of PvP to avoid me. The reason they were not banned is because I never seem to have my recording on when they are around however if we had staff around this would limit this issue. Late night staff such as 1AM Est would be nice as well. I am up around then as well playing on the server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MICJAVYO

MICJAVYO Well-Known Member

That just means that staff don't have the same timezones as you and can't get on at these times. Blame science.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. XxGam3ma2t3rxX

They should recruit more for those timezones then.

4. Dobob8

Dobob8 Well-Known Member

I am a staff member designated to skyblock but if you notice that there is no staff on at this time frequently and is frequently alot of hackers. You can apply for staff yourself if you meet all the mandatory requirements.

Or you can do /staff and see if any staff are online.

If so you can do /msg (name) even if they are on kit pvp they will receive this message and they will come and investigate and record and issue the correct punishments if necessary.

5. FrostAura_

FrostAura_ Helper
    Helper

I know exactly how you feel. Most staff members aren't online when there happens to suddenly be a hacker. Killing players in PvP. It's not their fault they have lives on their own though. As well as the different time zones, (as stated above). However... If there happens to be a hacker... Make sure to message a staff member instead of announcing this in-chat. This'll only alert the hacker that he'll be watched for the time being, and will most likely turn it off. There are being more staff members being accepting into the staff team... But this does make no difference because of this.

#5 FrostAura_, Jan 11, 2017 at 3:11 PM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. XxGam3ma2t3rxX

I noticed when I called out a fly hacker.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 11, 2017 ---
    I don't believe I meet the requirements since I have only been here for a week.

7. ASpicyBeast

ASpicyBeast Active Member

The correct procedure to avoid hackers on a server is to evade the hackers. Then once in a safe location, do /staff and contact a Prison Helper or a moderator and give the name of a hacker. They can then begin to deal with the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moonwalking

Moonwalking Senior Member

That time is a specific time where not many people are online. For the US, I believe its late at night and for EU its almost morning. Its not about recruiting more people for staff, its because not many play around that time.

9. Kml

Kml Infamous Member

Staff can't always be on and pthunder isn'tth best server out there...so stay don't want to be on there...it's their choice

10. XxGam3ma2t3rxX

This is true however thats when hackers prove to be true.
    True but thats hard when they attack you.

11. Moonwalking

We work hard to keep the server hackers free. Please do not judge us if you've never been a staff member.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. XxGam3ma2t3rxX

It is their choice! Which is why we need 1 person who can be on there :D
    So it was not a judging at all. It was just me saying there needs to be at least 1 staff on Pthunder.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2017 ---
    Never been staff? On the contrary. I have been an Administrator. Moderator. Helper. Server Administrator for websites.

13. Moonwalking

They're 40 or 50+ staff members and we're on when a lot of people on. We all have similar timezones, like US and EU some Aussie's I think. I didnt mean judging, I meant by criticising us about this. We cant have 1 there at x time, this isnt how it works. We need our sleep, we need to study for school etc... We arent 24/7 in game. As I stated earlier, that is a time period where almost none of us or none of us are online. If theres staff online, you can /pm them.

You arent keeping in mind the timezones @XxGam3ma2t3rxX

#13 Moonwalking, Jan 11, 2017 at 4:16 PM
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  14. XxGam3ma2t3rxX

Its still not criticism its basically a request for one dedicated staff to Pthunder. Criticism from me is telling someone how bad of a member they are, staff if I were to judge would be on how well they treat others, investigate, etc. If I could I would be that dedicated staff for low playerbase times
    Edit: I get you guys have school. So do I. Generally the prison staff are not on around then at least. I think I saw one once. He is pretty dope.

15. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

Think of it this way... Staff are people just like you and me they do what they can but still need to balance school and other things. Yes there are not always staff on but that just happens no amount of staff can help that problem.

16. XxGam3ma2t3rxX

There are always people who I am sure are willing to be staff for night hours as such. But yes you are correct. They have lives and I get that. Which is why I would apply for staff whenever possible for low hours as such to get rid of those unfair players. Of course I would have to watch it in and investigate extensively before banning. :)

17. ngb9

ngb9 Legendary Member

Also one other thing. It's the quality of the staff members that counts. If they can't do stuff then they are about as helpful as a normal player making a player report on a hacker.

18. XxGam3ma2t3rxX

This is true to an extent. Staff do work harder than a normal player in most cases since they investigate a case that a player presents to the staff team.

19. Congratulated

Congratulated Active Member

And if there arent any staff take a screenshot and report them btw screenshot key is f2

20. rawrxdxd

rawrxdxd ♛ єwєяαтσя ♕

I'm one of those staff members from EST but at that time, I was offline doing nothing because it was 1am. I'm the one that is up late for being EST. you also have to remember, not all staff have perms everywhere

• Agree Agree x 1