Revamp Update Q&A and more!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, May 23, 2018.

1. Affixes

Project Manager

Hey everyone,

We’re back with another update this week, and to start off, I’d like to answer a few of your most frequently asked questions. At the end of this post, I have a few revamp updates for you as well!

Frequently Asked Questions
    We want to make sure all of your concerns are being heard, so below you’ll find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you guys have. I try to respond to each and everyone of you in the discussion of each post, so if there is anything your mind - please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Q: What is your current ETA? Are you still on schedule?
    A: We are still fully on schedule for a mid-June BETA release. Once we get closer to this date, you guys will receive a full update with more information. Please do remember that this is a BETA, and depending on how things go - We may reset the network again by the time we go into a full release. This fully depends on certain factors, such as issues with the economy.

We recommend using the first few weeks to explore the network and become more familiar with our setups - then fully grind once we go into launch. We will use this grace period to improve upon custom server features. All new server elements will launch at once, including the new servers, websites, graphics, and administrative server changes.

Below I’ll paste you the ETAs that we have received from our team:
    • Builds: All builds are expected to be completed by June 1st
    • Graphics: All graphics are expected to be done within the coming 1-2 weeks
    • Website: Our new website is expected to be completed by June 1st
    • Development: Our first major set of plugins will be done by mid next week. Developers have been putting a lot work towards common utilities, which you can publicly track here. If you are interested in Minecraft Development, this might even be useful to you!
    Q: What gamemodes are being revamped?
    A: We will be revamping Skyblock, Prison, Factions and Survival. All of our other gamemodes (Creative and KitPvP) will cease to exist after the revamp. This decision has been made due to the low playercount on those servers, which hurts Prime as a whole.

Q: Will you be merging the Skyblock Servers?
    A: Yes, all Skyblock Servers will be merged into one as we estimate this is enough to hold for our current playerbase. You will be compensated properly if you have purchased ranks on multiple of our serves. An adequate solution will be announced once we enter BETA.

Q: What versions will you be using?
    A: Based on your poll results, the versions listed below will be used after our revamp. All servers will support connections from clients 1.8 - 1.12. This means 1.7 clients will not be able to join.
    • Skyblock: Minecraft 1.8 (with support up to 1.12)
    • Factions: Minecraft 1.8 (with support up to 1.12)
    • Prison: Minecraft 1.8 (with support up to 1.12)
    • Survival: Minecraft 1.12 (with support down to 1.8)
    Q: Are gems disappearing?
    A: As of right now, a decision has not been made yet whether or not we will be keeping gems. In either scenario, we will make sure that either the server is properly balanced, or players will be compensated properly for their store purchases.

Q: How do you plan on earning back players?
    A: We are creating awesome new servers and have a very future-proof plan for PrimeMC. While we believe many of our old-school players will be attracted by these changes, we will also be making efforts to advertise the server. You will obviously be updated as this happens.

Q: Are the forums being wiped or deleted?
    A: No, absolutely not. The forums will remain in-tact the same way that they currently are. We will only be publishing changes to its appearance. In addition, you may see changes to forms, rules, applications, and other pieces of important information on our site. This will be detailed in our changelog once the BETA has been released.

Previews
    Until the builds are ready, it’s difficult to give you guys accurate in-game visuals. The worlds on our dev servers are currently blank. Therefore, I’m only able to give you a more detailed look as we work towards getting those completed.

I’m leaving you guys today with a few previews of our builds and new site. Please note that these are not final and still in early stages! I know there are improvements to be made, and these have been communicated.
    That’s it for now guys! Remember that the build competition is ending soon, so if you haven’t put in your submission yet - don’t wait until the very last moment! Use the form here.

Thanks,

Jesse

#1 Affixes, May 23, 2018 at 6:37 PM
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Debuffy

Debuffy Well-Known Member

First, so excited for the revamp and for the future of prime

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Baricaade

Baricaade Well-Known Member

Excited!

I'm happy to see your showing us your progress along with the community. I'm also happy skyblocks will be merging into one server. The builds look great to!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. UnknownWorld_YT

UnknownWorld_YT New Member

im excited but y is the shop buggy cause it aint letting me buy the legendary rank. @Affixes

#4 UnknownWorld_YT, May 23, 2018 at 8:05 PM
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
  5. 2FAKELOVE

2FAKELOVE Supreme Member

Third!

I’m genuinely excited about something about Prime now!

But a quick question: What will you do about our ranks in KitPvP? @Affixes

6. Debuffy

Debuffy Well-Known Member

Yea I have titan rank don't really want the money to go to waste

My idea is that they'll be converted to gems if they still have gems

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. Walrus

Walrus Dedicated Member

The first actual time in months I've seen a CM actually show organization with a plan, not bad lol. Is it really necessary to take out Kitpvp though? Lots of ranks have been purchased there and playercount goes back and forth when it comes to timezones and certain days... KitPvP is basically one of the only entertainment gamemodes the server offered so... :Thonk:

8. Spades_Horizon

Spades_Horizon New Member

So i give you guys a $100 donation for my rank in prison and i get 14,000 gems just to use half of them to get my rank back! this is pathetic... I used to love this sever but idk now

9. Affixes

Project Manager

You'll be compensated for this - We'll find an appropriate way :)

The issue right now is that compared to our other gamemodes, Kit and Creative really just don't stick out. Most of the time these have below 10 players online. I'd rather put our full focus on Prime's headline gamemodes, and allow for the opportunity to bring these other gametypes back in the possible future.

What?

10. Xgenothic

Xgenothic Well-Known Member

I'm glad you came back affixes, I feel like you will do great things with prime like you did back in the days. Keep up the good work.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TaylorMiles

TaylorMiles Active Member

Lowkey excited, the presentation is nice. Now let’s see the execution.

12. Ahmod

Ahmod Dedicated Member

Don't get me wrong but a gamemode like kitpvp has lost most it's players because of the amount of bugs and lack of updates, if it was focused on before it would have way more players like it used to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Kirai

Kirai Elder Member

The only reason why kitpvp has such a low player count is because prime has a low player count
    If you get the playerbase back kitpvp will have a decent player count again. Its ridiculous kitpvp is getting removed
    Most of kitpvp players play different gamemodes and kitpvp is their second gamemode. Plus kitpvp received 0 updates in the last 2 years, if the developers could dedicate 3 days to it after the revamp it could have a normal player count

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Merkage

Merkage Supreme Member

The main reason why KitPvP lost alot of players was due to the fact that there were;

1) Too many cheaters
    2) Nothing new was added to it to rival other Kit servers
    3) Hit registration and memory loss across the server was effecting everything making it practically impossible to PvP

If Kit was actually kept on, all it needs is decent hit reg, a map like the current but alot better, a decent Anticheat which dosent autoban but alertsstaff network wide to cheaters, and a team of staff who know how to handle Kitpvp

Main reason why alot of staff left including myself was not being able to work with chckn. He was incredibly rude to people and didn’t take ideas onboard. And then he decided to piss the community off even further so people didn’t want to work with him. Gaurantee if you get the right people in, some of those who left would be willing to make a uturn and come back

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Kirai

Kirai Elder Member

Btw is the current low player count the only reason kitpvp and creative are being removed? Because kitpvp has potentional to have a higher player count than survival and factions, and probably sbfire thunder and air after everyone moves to sbearth after the revamp because of gems compensations and voting on alts

16. xMc

xMc Active Member

Kit's now gone, big mistake. From a community perspective, this is terrible and there were reasons for kit to have a low player count currently. It was never worked on nor did it have the longevity since kitpvp is all about updates.

Keeping factions but not kit.

I am thankful for your work but you need to understand your playerbase and also communicate with your staff team about these decisions before you start making bold moves like this.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. Kirai

Kirai Elder Member

they havent removed it yet, he can anand should still change his mind about it
    Sorry but this seems like entirely your decision, i dont think anyone wants kitpvp removed. In 2.0 it had over 20 players constantly, and sometimes over 50
    If 2.0 wasnt so laggy it wouldve been much higher
    --- Double Post Merged, May 24, 2018, Original Post Date: May 24, 2018 ---
    holy *** didnt even notice this fINALLY thank god
    But dont you think 1 sb will lag with that many people, ik the current sbs together barely have 20 people, but if the revamp is goodgood and if you hire a youtuber the player count will be too high for one sb, atleast for the first two months
    2 skyblocks wouldve been better

18. TaylorMiles

TaylorMiles Active Member

Kitpvp would be popping, but the enormous amount of lag needs to be fixed. The horizontal kb is broken. You only take vertical.

19. xMc

xMc Active Member

For kit to have a decentplayer base the following needs to be met,
    • Consistent small updates fixing issues ingame
    • Rewards for players for playing and leveling up, maybe some form of xp system to upgrade gear.
    • Gear to actually be balanced. Currently, you get one titan set and you are guchi until someone either no pots you or you fight someone same gear
    • New players to have a chance
    • Active KITPVP staff only, either a new form of SSing or something else (I have ideas in mind)
    • Content based things like weekly tasks or events example KOTH with rewards for these events.
    I could go on but last time I checked out of the all the update related documents I made for management in the past about 5% of what I wrote was actually noted/stolen from that document to be used on other servers lol

20. Posantius

Posantius New Member

@Affixes, is their a build team on prime? If not, who makes those builds that you shared in this post?