Revamp Update Poll Update, Previews and More!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, May 13, 2018.

1. Affixes

Project Manager

Hey everyone!

We’re back this week with another revamp update! Things are in full production behind the scenes, and our first plugins are starting to be tested! You should be getting some previews from inside the new servers pretty soon!

For now, I’ve got a few things to share with you guys. Let’s cover them individually:

Sneak Previews
    Hot off the press, I’ve got a few screenshots to show you guys of what we are working on! As you may or may not know, we are working on additional content to support the new server release - such as the launch of new logo’s and a website! This is the first time in a while that we will be getting an entire forum upgrade, so I think you will all be very excited for the new features to come!

To give you a bit of an idea of our new layout, I’ve got a quick preview for you guys below. This is our new front page, which will also be supported by custom play, bans and vote pages. Our forums will be themed similarly.

[​IMG]

And here’s a quick snippet of a build that we are working, the shop for Skyblock:

[​IMG]

Poll Update
    In our last post, we include a quick poll to get your opinion on some of the versions we would be using on our new Minecraft servers! From our poll results, it seems like the majority of the players are leaning towards 1.8 for Skyblock, Prison and Factions, and 1.12 for Survival.

I wanted to see what the community’s opinion is on using 1.8 PvP, but support for 1.12 blocks on Skyblock. I have therefore created another quick form for you all to fill out! Let us know your thoughts through the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/AoXbyD9xOJ2GUu3T2

Build Competition
    To end today’s post, I’ve also got an exciting announcement: Thanks to Bions, Prime will be hosting another build competition during the next two weeks! Here are the details:

Theme: Summer/Tropical Sryle
    Due: May 26th 2018, 11:59PM EST
    Submission: https://goo.gl/forms/Bo95QVIGPFYfTZA53

This competition will take place on the Creative Server, and this is the only place that submissions will be accepted from. We are not be taking single player builds, or builds made on another network. We must be able to see them in person. We’ll be hand picking three winners, and these will be credited with store vouchers: $100, $50 and $25 respectively.

That’s it for today! We’ll be back with more news very shortly :)

Thanks,
    Jesse

#1 Affixes, May 13, 2018 at 10:42 PM
    Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  2. KaosLord

KaosLord Elder Member

ERROR 404: Word not found.

Honest opinion, I don’t even exavtly see what the point was of the forums being revamped if you are starting one from scratch. However, it is good to see that productivity is being done behind the scenes. Hope @FakeNeth isnt sleeping in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MaRqO

MaRqO Well-Known Member

Good to see, You will be one of the ones to go down in history
    @Affixes <3

4. matvapes

matvapes Senior Member

Good to see that they're working on forums and such. But why working ln the forums when in-game is more of a priority.

• Like Like x 4
  5. _Xev

_Xev Supreme Member

Not too sure about the forums, the layout looks too simplistic, might just be me. Are we still going to have a GUI shop on SkyBlock or will it be all on a physical basis

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rejoicing

Rejoicing Well-Known Member

I hope this becomes a reality, 1.7 and 1.8 is boring now

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. NotSoFakeNeth

NotSoFakeNeth Supreme Member

Smh last time the fourms got revamped you were involved

8. Ally

Ally Supreme Member

For the love of god, do not make this thing our theme. I like the current dark theme. It's amazing and it's professional, as well as well-designed, even for a UI.X XenForo setup.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. TaylorMiles

TaylorMiles Active Member

PrimeMC is the best mc

10. Breakages

Helper

Excited for the future :)

#10 Breakages, May 14, 2018 at 9:44 AM
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  11. TuffnPuffy11

TuffnPuffy11 Member

it looks so pretty it would look good I am all for it but will there be any changes on prisons or any of the other games on prime that would be fun to have or will we have to wait and see for that??

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Xhyv

Xhyv Active Member

Please let the "/shop" command in, and not only the "/warp shop" or something

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. _Xev

_Xev Supreme Member

Excited*

14. Flinche

Flinche Supreme Member

@Affixes is it possible to have the lights on and lights out feature for the forums? I know that some people like the latter, but it kinda feels depressing imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Affixes

Project Manager

We have different developers for our website who don't know the Java coding language. Don't worry, we're not wasting any development power that we have for stuff in-game.

Obviously.

This is something we'll look into for a future update. Right now we're just going to stick with the dark theme.

16. Masterminer1128

Masterminer1128 Dedicated Member

I feel like the game is too dead for the server to gain growth anymore, but good luck with the revamp.

17. TuffnPuffy11

TuffnPuffy11 Member

we can always try

18. Breakages

Helper

Blame the phone, fixed- thanks aha.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SiccMoves

SiccMoves Supreme Member

whoever you hired for that, they have no sense for webdesign at all it's so ugly lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Zuckerberd

Zuckerberd Elder Member

why are they even changing the forums at all nobody wants any changes to it
    @Affixes make a thread and a poll on it and see how many people want a new forums design

Also about skyblock, please make the economy 3.0-like
    Sure you see a lot of people saying that they dont like a sb like 4.0 but if you make a hardcore skyblock it won't get a high player count. "og" people will play for it for a month or two then leave because it will get boring soon and the younger people wont even try playing it. Ik you havent released anything about sb but I'm just pointing out
    also whats the point of that shop? Can't we just have a /shop command?

and dude

[​IMG]

wtf
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2018, Original Post Date: May 15, 2018 ---
    just leave the forums the way they are lol