Revamp Update Player Shops & Server Menu

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Affixes, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Affixes

Project Manager

Hey everyone!

We’re back with another big update for the PrimeMC Revamp! I’m sure you’ve noticed that we missed last week’s announcement post. We ran into a few issues with the features that wanted to show you, but now here we are! Today, I’d like to introduce you to Player Shops and Menu System - two pretty big newcomers to Prime!

Player Shops
    We are heavily investing into community-driven plugins, and the first one I’d like to announce today is Player Shops. This is our own implementation of the ChestShop plugin, with a unique twist to it: The introduction of shop pages and an extremely intuitive GUI.

Now, when you create ChestShops, not only are the items that you want to buy or sell much more configurable - each player also has their own shop page in the Player Shops GUI. Here, you can find all of the items that a player is selling or buying from their chests, all in one quick and easy menu screen. Plus, you can make purchases here as well! You no longer need to go to the actual shop sign.

Finding players and discovering new shops is extremely easy. With powerful search options, you can search across all buy/sell shops for a specific item, and see which player is selling it for the best price! The options are really limitless, you can even specify the amount of minimum items that you want to buy, or select an enchantment which must be included on the item!

Each shop is fully configurable, and a variety of options can now be toggled on/off either for each shop, or globally for all the shops you own. Creating a shop is now also easier than ever (even for newcomers), with the addition of the “Shop create GUI”. Plus, we have added protection for Sell Shops in the form of a “Capacity”, so the owner of the shop won’t run out of dough!

Oh, and all shops have cool holograms, which you can turn off, of course.

See below for some examples!

Menu System
    We want to make it easy for both pros and newcomers to navigate the server, which is why each gamemode comes with its own unique Menu GUI System. From here, you’ll be able to access some of the most common server features, including: kits, shops, vaults, warps, slots, abilities (info soon) and more!

A variety of server settings are also configurable, and for newcomers, we have included a list of need-to-know server commands sorted by each server aspect. Check out some of the screenshots below to learn more about this system. We think you’re really going to love this, however of course all the regular commands (such as /kit) will continue to work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We have way more in the way more in the works which we’d like to show you soon, including a custom bounty system, speed dials, sell chests, enchantments, pouches, voting credits, island upgrades and more! Stay tuned, we’re working as fast as we can! We are expecting to release a BETA version of the network in the next 2-3 weeks.

Update posts will now be more consistent, and we going to be put on the site as soon as a server feature or element is finished. We’d like to keep you updated on all of our progress, so check back every so often to see what’s new. We will have a post on our update rules, guidelines and other important information within the next few days.

Thanks,
    Jesse

• Winner x 6
    • Like x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Milan09NL

Milan09NL Member

It sounds good only one question: will you hold minions this version of primemc?

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. Baricaade

Baricaade Well-Known Member

Second
    Looks awesome! Glad to see lots of progress is being made. I'm excited for the beta.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. WolfDW

WolfDW Active Member

Hype!
    Totally wasn't checking out the forums every 10 minutes hoping you will release the beta today, no worries though, take your time.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Aytistic

Aytistic Member

cool.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Dart_Runner

Dart_Runner Active Member

Sooo...the revamp isn't in mid june? You could have told us that, I wouldn't have gave up on Prison. :unamused::unamused::unamused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. RuneSnapz

Sr. Moderator

They can't always tell it, as said they ran into some issues. They can't give a exact date & it's not to late to start again ;)

• Creative Creative x 1
  8. emil904d

emil904d Member

9. Dart_Runner

Kinda is too late xD I mean I'll grind to get to prestige, but I can't get anymore gems. Just would have been nice to know exactly when ^^

10. RuneSnapz

Sr. Moderator

Yeah, I understand that, but you need to understand the dev team too. It's really hard to give a exact date, since they can run into issues etc.

11. WolfDW

WolfDW Active Member

I'd rather get a late date and have it 2 weeks eariler than the opposite

12. Dart_Runner

Oh I understand, I'm just impatient hehe

13. Amberians

Amberians Supreme Member

Eh, i rather do a simple click on chest to sell rather having to go through all the hassale of a gui. Like if I have an iron profit shop, people can just click and then sell rather than click in the gui, wait 10 seconds for it to register and has to click again if there is more things to click on.
    Just my opinion on the playershop

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JoelCedrasCool

Yes!!! Good post Jesse! Can’t wait for beta

15. Galaxeh

Galaxeh Active Member

i feel like they should have both options but that might be too much work or something idk

16. PiizzaLovesMelon

PiizzaLovesMelon Active Member

I think it is as he said you can still use the sell signs but now you can see all the sell and buy signs of one person in a GUI.

17. Affixes

Project Manager

We will have both options, yes! The signs still work :)

Wut

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. PiizzaLovesMelon

PiizzaLovesMelon Active Member

How long will the Beta version be? And can everyone play it? @Affixes
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 16, 2018 ---
    Another question just popped up in my mind. What happens to the staff team after revamp? Will there be more staff members?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2018 ---
    And will there be a way to make the sell and buy signs not pop up in the GUI, because if you have a giant private farm with the BFREE on the signs everyone can still buy from it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kirai

Kirai Elder Member

Yeah honestly, its just overcomplicating things
    They have to reset it as soon as possible, summer is the perfect time to reset skyblock, but like this it seems it wont be done till august
    Cant they just finish the important things, reset it, then work on these smaller things
    You wont get even 20% of the playerbase back if you reset it when school starts for most people, it seems pointless to work on things like this when there isnt too much time left for the reset
    Also, building contest?

i see the potential in your suggestion, we will implement it to our server
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2018, Original Post Date: Jun 16, 2018 ---
    ^

20. ngb9

They said they were shooting for mid june. It’s never a sure thing.
    Also I think the chest shops are great. Some people were commenting about how it will slow down their profit shops which is a fair concern but I think it’s going to speed them up. I also think that rushing the reset would be a mistake and would be counter productive even during summer. This way we can have a beta to test all the features and new content wouldn’t have that ability which would lead to potentially game breaking bugs.

• Agree Agree x 1