Newsletter!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaeSmiffy, Dec 1, 2017.

1. RaeSmiffy

RaeSmiffy Administrator
    Administrator

#1 RaeSmiffy, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:13 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2017
    • Winner x 6
    • Like x 5
    • Friendly x 3
    • Creative x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  2. NotSoFakeNeth

NotSoFakeNeth Dedicated Member

Wooo new thingos
    Better be good
    First
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Dec 1, 2017 ---
    Also, the max published newsletter I've seen is 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. iComboUH8

iComboUH8 Limited Access

Oh no what was that comedy section LOL. Also, 2nd!
    And Im gonna reck everyone in spleef and survival ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. MrMustafa12

MrMustafa12 Well-Known Member

Finally something interesting. I love how they have staff interviews to say what they think. Sad that they removed screensharing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Lenkin

Lenkin Sr. Moderator
    Sr. Moderator

Love the newsletter! Nice to see some community updates and how to keep them informed of what we do. Can't wait for next weeks' newsletter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. deven

deven Well-Known Member

primemc screensharing;

put it on the terms of service. you guys had that step.

then tell them to shut the hell up. they’re only speaking because they just got their crappy client found and they’re probably appealing it as a “false screenshare” ban right now.

the rest i’ll read when i have time but looks decent. finally some info normally it goes like this “it’s a surprise enjoy this reset no community feedback was really taken into consideration!”

#6 deven, Dec 1, 2017 at 2:17 AM
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Amberians

Amberians Supreme Member

What goes up and down but never moves? The staircase ;)
    Anyways, nice news letter! Looking forward for the next one!

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Merkage

Merkage Supreme Member

Agree 10000% goodluck with all of the appeals from the closet cheaters we banned from this. They can freely appeal now. I love how if someone consents its still classes as a invasion of privacy.

Lets be blunt here, if anticheats could keepup with clients then im sure with the 30k+ players hypixel gets through its network, you would think they would have a decent one, but no it fails to detect wurst client, unless you toggle the aimbot so blatant it pretty much snaps instantly when watchdog detection hits you.

Rest of the newsletter looked good though, well done. Was glad i could see the finished thing before i resigned. Also goodluck using the events arenas i asked people to build, let me know when they are done and ill come have a look.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Shuckling

Shuckling Active Member

I am so excited!!!!! SkyBlock reset and more! and the Newsletter is amazing <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. deven

deven Well-Known Member

like i mean it was on the terms of service for a reason this is what happens when you have staff members under like 15 (no offense)(tos in this pov, basically means: "hey, you're playing our server we have the right to screenshare you you can freely leave or cheat somewhere or don't cheat at all."), they don't know what it means and kids with clients saying "invasion of privacy!!!". lets see how many get unbanned.

lets read this again;

Screensharing is a way of finding hackers by looking at their computer, with consent, and checking Minecraft files.

we know

Screensharing was originally just a concept for PrimeMC, however, was introduced when Merkage was brought into the staff team. Merkage and Sosa25 took the lead of screensharing, with the help of Clutchyy, bmvdbcrafter, and Corrupt_Souls. Of the 30 players they had screenshared, an outstanding 14 players were found using or had used a hacked client before on PrimeMC.

we know that.

Of course, this had some controversy. Members of the staff team and various players had thought that this was a massive breach of privacy. When all issues were considered, it was eventually brought to the attention of higher staff. It was suggested that the program end and with all things considered, it was put aside.

"Of course, this had some controversy. " - yeah bc they were all mostly ipbanned ddddd
    "Members of the staff team" - i can guess who still wanted cheaters like godsavage
    "various players had thought that " - yeah those that got a fat l
    "this was a massive breach of privacy" - which is why it went into the terms of service so it was legal. they couldn't do anything about it and prime has to ss bc it's targeted with cheaters bc most of the staff team here ISNT trained yet so they cant tell ghostclienters to legit.
    "When all issues were considered" - over how andyphan moaned at bions pp for an unban?
    "it was eventually brought to the attention of higher staff" - rip.
    "It was suggested that the program end and with all things considered, it was put aside." time to go cheat again!!1! @Galaxeh @Chrissehh @Merkage

"Screensharing may be brought back in the future. - "may"

this is the only problem with the newletter the rest is decent xd

#10 deven, Dec 1, 2017 at 2:55 AM
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. matanazizi

matanazizi Member

Screensharing is amazing.
    Prime’s antichest is real nice / a decent one.
    Dont take note from the hypixel anticheat since the hypixel anti cheat has to make sure eith 100% that the player is hacking to ban him and not even 80% will do... sknce hypixel is the most active server with more than 20k players is online at all time.. it cannot affort to false ban alot of people like the velt/faithful anticheat does... since it will clear like 40% of the players... because hypixel says “players are players- cheating or not”
    Thats why hypixel wont change the anti cheat...
    On the other hand.. velt anf faith and arcane etc.. has much otter kinds of anticheats.. which bans much quicker yet makes alot of mistakes..(falls bans) .
    So you can say both are bad.. yet the PrimeMC anticheat called “john cena” is halfway trough the hypixel client and half way trough the minehq-velt-antigamingchair-faithful clients.. yet it bans less but makes less mistakes... anyhow....
    Nice newspaper.. some really bad bad bad bad bad bad bad bad ideas in it... yall can msg me for more into... but yea ... i got much to say yet not enough time at the moment so yeppp... fox /: why did you even.. are you tryna ruin the community? Anyhowwewwwwweewewww yep.
    -mata
    *HurDur*
    #lets ban staff members!! Im the best staff evurvur (evur)#

12. Sosa25

Sosa25 Moderator

I read this entire post...

Anyway, lookin' good!

• Like Like x 1
  13. matanazizi

matanazizi Member

True- half of the staff team isnt fully or isnt trained at all...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. deven

deven Well-Known Member

they can tell very very blatant bhoppers, anti kb, blatant killaura etc.
    they just can't tell between legit and (alot of staff members here can't see reach or a hacked client on lower settings)ghostclienters. that's why i'm suggesting they keep the ss part (let those that are alot more trained do it. @Sosa25 @bmvdbcrafter @Clutchyy @Corrupt_Souls ) and that's the main problem is ghostclienters. (wherever theres a pvp arena) so dont gimme that crap that it's not a "pvp" server when theirs an pvp arena on 5/6 of your servers.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Merkage

Merkage Supreme Member

The reason i mentioned hypixel was to put into perspective that even blatant cheaters don’t get caught there, and IF they wanted to, with the revenue they recieve they could implement something half decent.

Most PvP servers Ss anyway.

@deven again agreed with everything you said. The people who complained were the people whom got banned for client usage, or those who have no idea about the scale of minecraft cheaters nowadays.

But wait.. lets train staff on client usage, GREAT IDEA.. only one flaw. How do you expect staff to know about hacks such as knockback modifications if they can’t even distinguish between other simple staff areas such as postfarming. Not being toxic here, just the truth.

Client training isn’t something that is a once in a lifetime process, it’s ongoing and requires someone dedicated to continuously train people.

Going to list some people who’ve been staff who knew hacks that are no more. In no specific order.

Lucreed / hemophobia
    Kaoslord
    Joerie97
    Xyentl97
    Merkage
    Paragraphs
    Orian
    Blissator
    Kingerss

I mean these are just some names and look at the caliber of these people. Either resigned or FORCED out.

#15 Merkage, Dec 1, 2017 at 4:17 AM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GodAlina

GodAlina Member

You know what is funny? mostly i didn't want to get SS'd the first time 'cause i really thought they also look into Private Files but Sosa etc. Assured me they won't do anything like that anyhow, and they didn't.
    so i don't get why Prime got a problem with that? only cause Players think the Staff abuse the power they got for some minutes? then it's no wonder that most Staff think that many players hack, if people react like that, i also must say Merk will say it again and again (that I cheated) but Staff also used Clients on Purpose, not to kill others etc. but still on Purpose, wouldn't that break your own rules if you use a Client too? Since seriously... I don't get why PrimeMC has such a big issue with still doing SS since there is no 'rule' in the Mojang EULA etc. that you aren't allowed to SS anyone since it's your Server, you are even allowed to just ban cause you don't like the player, you buy the Server, you the boss of it, you can ban etc. who you want, but if you want to only ban with rules, it's your opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Merkage

Merkage Supreme Member

Yeah staff use clients too, but as i said the only reason why it’s beneficial for a dev to have one is so they can test and update their anticheat. Lower staff i’ve caught with clients and banned before. Staff should get made to ss compulsary

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Unwatchable

Unwatchable Elder Member

Nice idea, might be me because I study for it. But the layout can be tweaked a bit

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. SonKon

SonKon Active Member

I have a second answer to "What goes up and down, but never moves?"
    My answer: A ladder.

• Creative Creative x 3
  20. OMG_Its_Rock

OMG_Its_Rock Dedicated Member

Just waiting to see how bad the prison revamp may be.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1