Minion update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PrimeMC Management, Apr 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrimeMC Management

PrimeMC Management Management
    Administrator

Hey everyone!

Earlier today we've decided to disable a function of the minions. We've changed the following: minions will no longer activate spawners while being in chunk loading function. This was needed as it kept either making the Skyblock servers lag really badly or made them entirely crash.

It was needed for the performance of the server. We hope you guys understand it.
    Sorry for the inconvenience

-PrimeMC Management team

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Junnk

Junnk Elder Member

Hopefully, this helps the performance of the server, often when I'm playing on evenings it's virtually unplayable due to the lag and downtime.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TheGamingStudios

TheGamingStudios Well-Known Member

This ruins minions in my opinion. So now you can't AFK spawnes. I understand that this is to reduce lag but this will effect the economy of the SkyBlock servers

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Jumpahh

Jumpahh Fluff
    Administrator

So you'd rather have a completely unplayable server over a minion keeping spawners working? Which.. you could just stand next to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. TheGamingStudios

I would deal with this for now and later make a suggestion that can both reduce lag AND make minions load spawners

6. Ray19980

Ray19980 Member

This is a bit sad but it made the server alot more comfortable (in my opinion)!

7. Tensive

Tensive Well-Known Member

Makes sense, but bit harsh on those that bought minions to have them do AFK work.. not like you guys care anyway..

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. TheGamingStudios

If they did, that would be nice. Our island has more than 10 minions afking our farms
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 12, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 12, 2017 ---
    When I get 3 agree ratings :p

9. FoxyRobin

FoxyRobin ⊱∼ Potatistrator ∽⊰
    Manager

We do care, but as of right now, this was the only option we have. It was needed for both the performance of the server and the enjoyment of your gameplay. We'll see if there's something we can do to compensate it with something else.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Lenkin

Lenkin ★ Sr. Lil' Lenki' ★
    Sr. Moderator

Hopefully this will help servers such as Sbearth with the tps. I think this was a good call, with the economy having a load of spawners in one small chunk or so.
    Hope the best will come from this both from players and the server.

11. Xx_ALPHAKING_xX

hello
    this is great
    now all my minions are worthless
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 12, 2017 ---
    but still it helps the server so idgaf

12. GROOT

GROOT Infamous Member

Finally the economy won't be as broken as it was now since that minions can't afk

13. 28T

28T Member

*** ruined every grinder on earth! thanks!!!!!

14. BlRCH

BlRCH Member

Do you mean to say that this is only a temporary solution to sort out the issue "right now"?

15. mossdeep

mossdeep New Member

this has swiftly destroyed economy on earth, and others will follow. good job guys. you did it.
    wasted weeks of everyones effort, because you couldnt just fix the minion glitch. or raise mob stack. or introduce item stacking higher then 64. lots of good options. but i guess wasting everyone's time and money is more worth it

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. albertcool2

albertcool2 Well-Known Member

Have you guys tried using one of the 13 people in your team to AFK the spawners?

17. mossdeep

mossdeep New Member

see if you can afk 5000. at best each player can afk around 200. lowering efficency you can get up to 300. and what do solo islands do? quit after they hit 200 igs? this is a horrible, terribly thoughtout, rushed change. dissapointing

18. albertcool2

albertcool2 Well-Known Member

first off, I managed to AFK 1k spawners on my own, you guys still have enough players to cover your entire farm.
    Besides you said it yourself, your tactics made sbearth so unbearably laggy to the point where u moved to sbthunder.

19. mossdeep

mossdeep New Member

it wasnt our tactics, it was the fact that the server has enough money for 5000 igs, but cant support 5000 igs. THAT is the problem. not us. and if you afked 1k igs on your own, the efficiency of the spawners is guarenteed to be <50%. maximising efficiency is how we got so many

20. LeDerpDderp

LeDerpDderp New Member

every update makes the server worse and worse lmao. you just screwed over the people with lots of igs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.