Announcement Skyblock Suggestions Thread

KaosLord

Administrator
Nov 2, 2015
Hello everyone!

Keeping this thread short and sweet, myself and Logan have gone over the vast majority of the bugs that have been reported to us. Alongside this, we have also been working on up and coming content for Skyblock. Although we have content in the works, we would also like to collect ideas from the community as a whole.

Feel free to reply to this thread with any of the following:
  • Things you want added
  • Things you want removed
  • Things you want changed
I will attempt to respond to all of the replies here.

Dec 17, 2016
I would like the reboot time to be maybe 2-3 hours earlier. For all the dutch people its at around 10am wich is quite annoying if youre going to school (because if you would leave at 8am you would be put into the hub 2 hours later because of the reboot, and a few hours earlier would fix this problem) Im not sure if this is even possible lol but its worth a shot

Oct 3, 2016
the iron price in the VIP shop is still 5$ and in the normal shop it is 10$, and godly spawners need to improve your is level (they dont count as a value spawner now)

Oct 3, 2016
I would like the reboot time to be maybe 2-3 hours earlier. For all the dutch people its at around 10am wich is quite annoying if youre going to school (because if you would leave at 8am you would be put into the hub 2 hours later because of the reboot, and a few hours earlier would fix this problem) Im not sure if this is even possible lol but its worth a shot
it is better than 4:15 am, that was the time first for dutch people

RuneSnapz

Senior Moderator
Nov 12, 2016
SKYBLOCK:

- Bring back the mob whacker
- Bring back afk kicks (To get an active playerbase and not one where 3/4 of the players is AFK.
- Bring back the old eco of Prime (so not this one where people can get billions of money and levels).
- In addition to above; bring back the eco where both spawners and farms where good. So not only farms or only spawners.

- Remove autosell (way too op)

Jul 27, 2016
a gui for sempteber kit in /kit

Oct 29, 2019
-Add a way to reward other players that aren't in /is top (because let's be honest it's almost impossible for new players to get in /is top)
So maybe have some weekly contests like a building contest and let the community vote on the best ones! They don't need to get real money but
maybe something like keys or ingame money.

-Remove the possibility to ''spam''
You can basicly spam the whole skyblock chat and it isn't fun. Removing it will help a lot (in my opinion) with reducing toxicity & people getting
annoyed.

-Give more type of blocks value
I understand that oreblocks give much value on your island, but it would be nice if there were some other blocks with values. It doesn't have to be much but I would love to see people create islands without the ''need'' to place oreblocks & spawners for levels.

-Add a trade chat
This isn't really needed but it's something players can use if they are looking for something without the chat getting ''spammed'' with the normal messages resulting in their message not getting seen.

-Add /marry
Just because it's fun lol.

Dec 17, 2016
As people said before, i would also love a season with more then 1 way to make money (igs) i personally loved the seasons where you could make melon/cactus farms for money and also have some sort of spawners for money

Dec 17, 2016
also i think that the godly spawner tier needs a buff/needs less heads to unlock. to me it doesnt look intresting to grind 20K ig heads when the prices arent even close to reaching the iron block price

Feb 29, 2016
As people said before, i would also love a season with more then 1 way to make money (igs) i personally loved the seasons where you could make melon/cactus farms for money and also have some sort of spawners for money
i remember the days where i had a huge melon farm. Those were the days.

Feb 29, 2016
will the players that had autosell get their money refunded?

Oct 3, 2016
improve the tickspeed, so cactus farms etc get better. it dont improve the spawn rade from the spawners

Jul 27, 2017
-Remove autosell so it makes everything more of a grind so people will stay longer.
-Remove the amount of island levels spawners give. Or at least, reduce it.
-Improve the tickspeed.
-Bring back melon/pumpkinfarms.
-Add multiple ways to earn money instead of just IG's.
-Bring back AFK kicks. The time you can stand AFK should be based on what rank you got.
-Reduce the drops of mobs to prevent people using sellchests and hoppers, so they're most likely going to build a profitshop.
-Fix hit registration and knockback to make the pvp experience smoother so pvp'ers will also join the server again like back in the days.

Dec 20, 2017
Add island names back again, so your island isnt called Posantius's island, but a name which you can come up yourself. This used to be a thing in the past.

Dec 1, 2015
@KaosLord is this only for this season or next one as well?
I'd like CE's to be removed next season. You could do 1 season with ce's, the next one without, the one after that with them etc. . I personally don't like PvP with ce's (spark and reflector are especially annoying) and I know many other people don't either, so rotation would be the best option.
some other minor things:
-add killstreaks and killstreaks rewards (this reminds me, when will kitpvp be added aprox.?)
-better rewards for koth and skydrops
-give ranks the ability for more active listings in /ah
-make islands at least a big bigger by default the island expansions, I remember how islands used to be 10-15 times bigger than now.

edit: http://prntscr.com/ql9gqj
i just got this from a tier 3 skydrop
they need much, **much** better rewards

edit2: wow 16 gapples from koth key epic

Last edited:

KaosLord

Administrator
Nov 2, 2015
I can poll this on our discord again if this is something people want.
the iron price in the VIP shop is still 5$ and in the normal shop it is 10$, and godly spawners need to improve your is level (they dont count as a value spawner now)
Will look into getting this done within the next couple of days.
Bring Back /spawner To Skyblock
This most likely wont make a return as in previous seasons, it practically made Iron Golem spawners worth 180k. The only way this would be added back is if each spawner had a specific price value, and when wanting to change a spawner to a new one, it would cost a certain amount depending on the spawner.
SKYBLOCK:

- Bring back the mob whacker
- Bring back afk kicks (To get an active playerbase and not one where 3/4 of the players is AFK.
- Bring back the old eco of Prime (so not this one where people can get billions of money and levels).
- In addition to above; bring back the eco where both spawners and farms where good. So not only farms or only spawners.

- Remove autosell (way too op)
Due to how these features would affect the server, these will be suggestions we may include in a future season.
a gui for sempteber kit in /kit
Will look into getting this done within the next couple of days.
-Add a way to reward other players that aren't in /is top (because let's be honest it's almost impossible for new players to get in /is top)
So maybe have some weekly contests like a building contest and let the community vote on the best ones! They don't need to get real money but
maybe something like keys or ingame money.

-Remove the possibility to ''spam''
You can basicly spam the whole skyblock chat and it isn't fun. Removing it will help a lot (in my opinion) with reducing toxicity & people getting
annoyed.

-Give more type of blocks value
I understand that oreblocks give much value on your island, but it would be nice if there were some other blocks with values. It doesn't have to be much but I would love to see people create islands without the ''need'' to place oreblocks & spawners for levels.

-Add a trade chat
This isn't really needed but it's something players can use if they are looking for something without the chat getting ''spammed'' with the normal messages resulting in their message not getting seen.

-Add /marry
Just because it's fun lol.
1. There already currently is, refer to the comment on the Skyblock Reset Information thread (first comment) for the event.
2. Added this idea to our trello.
3. This would be an implementation done next season.
4. Maybe not a trade chat but a GUI based board that allows people to state what they want to trade?
5. Because everyone keeps asking for this... next season.
Will be done next season.
also i think that the godly spawner tier needs a buff/needs less heads to unlock. to me it doesnt look intresting to grind 20K ig heads when the prices arent even close to reaching the iron block price
The only thing I am looking to buff would be the prices of the drops that the Godly Spawners give, I already nerfed the head requirement from 50k to 20k.
improve the tickspeed, so cactus farms etc get better. it dont improve the spawn rade from the spawners
Increasing the tick speed would cause for TPS lag due to the amount of cactus that the server would be generated, breaking and moving constantly. Think about how much dropped entities there will be a few weeks into a season.

KaosLord

Administrator
Nov 2, 2015
-Remove autosell so it makes everything more of a grind so people will stay longer.
-Remove the amount of island levels spawners give. Or at least, reduce it.
-Improve the tickspeed.
-Bring back melon/pumpkinfarms.
-Add multiple ways to earn money instead of just IG's.
-Bring back AFK kicks. The time you can stand AFK should be based on what rank you got.
-Reduce the drops of mobs to prevent people using sellchests and hoppers, so they're most likely going to build a profitshop.
-Fix hit registration and knockback to make the pvp experience smoother so pvp'ers will also join the server again like back in the days.
Refer to the majority of my comments on above suggestions as they will answer most of these.
Hit Registration and Knockback - This will be something we focus on last. Skyblock is more of a grinding gamemode, not a PvPing gamemode.
Add island names back again, so your island isnt called Posantius's island, but a name which you can come up yourself. This used to be a thing in the past.
Will look into getting this done within the next few days/week
@KaosLord is this only for this season or next one as well?
I'd like CE's to be removed next season. You could do 1 season with ce's, the next one without, the one after that with them etc. . I personally don't like PvP with ce's (spark and reflector are especially annoying) and I know many other people don't either, so rotation would be the best option.
some other minor things:
-add killstreaks and killstreaks rewards (this reminds me, when will kitpvp be added aprox.?)
-better rewards for koth and skydrops
-give ranks the ability for more active listings in /ah
-make islands at least a big bigger by default the island expansions, I remember how islands used to be 10-15 times bigger than now.

edit: http://prntscr.com/ql9gqj
i just got this from a tier 3 skydrop
they need much, **much** better rewards

edit2: wow 16 gapples from koth key epic
This is mainly for both, but some suggestions may be prioritised into next season rather than this one depending on how they affect the gamemode as a whole.
1. Yeah, we can rotate PvP custom enchants each season.
2. Will look into getting this done maybe this season, depends how much work is on our hands.
3. Like I asked when you suggested this on discord, what would you like to be included exactly?
4. Will look into getting this done in the next few days/week.
5. Are you referring to when you start, or the final product?

Dec 1, 2015
Refer to the majority of my comments on above suggestions as they will answer most of these.
Hit Registration and Knockback - This will be something we focus on last. Skyblock is more of a grinding gamemode, not a PvPing gamemode.

Will look into getting this done within the next few days/week

This is mainly for both, but some suggestions may be prioritised into next season rather than this one depending on how they affect the gamemode as a whole.
1. Yeah, we can rotate PvP custom enchants each season.
2. Will look into getting this done maybe this season, depends how much work is on our hands.
3. Like I asked when you suggested this on discord, what would you like to be included exactly?
4. Will look into getting this done in the next few days/week.
5. Are you referring to when you start, or the final product?
The rewards for Tier 3 skydrops should be something like this - 1 set of armor (full set, not just one piece), and a a chance between a tier 3 mcmmo pouch and a Level 4/5 PvP CE. That's for the pvp rewards, the skydrops should also give stuff that isn't only good for pvp because people who aren't interested in it don't bother themselves with them. Tier 3 should also drop IG/Blaze spawners, and a chance for either a disguise, a (small) chance for a robot, and for one crate key (not voting bc that's useless). The chances could be 15% for disguise, 3-5% for a robot and the rest for keys. Similar stuff for other tiers, I really don't see a point in them giving things such as obsidian and blaze powder.
As for KOTH, currently the only good rewards are robot and the trophy, but the chances of getting those are super low. You could replace some rewards such as Gold blocks or 16 god apples, 10k EXP or 750 mobcoins with SkyGod kit, a disguise, mcmmo pouches, pets, small chances for cosmetics like wings and titles, etc.

>5. Are you referring to when you start, or the final product?

Both. I'm not sure what the final product after you buy all the expansions is, but if the expansions are all the same, it's not big enough. But yeah the starting island should have larger dimensions than what's it like right now.