- Jan 31, 2018
It’s finally time for the next Skyblock reset! Skyblock Cloud and Void will be launching its new season this Saturday (August 31st), and both gamemodes will go live at 2PM EST / 8 PM CEST. The team has worked incredibly hard at making much needed improvements and I’m excited to tell you about them in this post.
For a countdown which adapts to your own time zone, please click here.
- Economy: Click here
As with every reset, all server progress will be set back to zero. You will lose your current island, balances and inventories to make place for a new season of Skyblock. Ranks, addons and multipliers will be kept, and won’t be changed during this reset. Any consumables which you may have purchased up to 7 days before the reset will be reimbursed automatically once you login.
Skyblock Cloud and Skyblock Void will both go offline 6 hours before the reset (Saturday at 7AM EST / 1AM CEST) to prepare the network for the upcoming release. This Skyblock release will be running on server version 1.12.2, however combat updates have been reverted to 1.8.8.
As always, both Skyblock Servers will host an Island Top - where the best islands receive weekly rewards. Island Top rewards will be gathered every Monday at 6AM EST, and rewards are sent out within 24 hours. The layout for payouts is as follows:
- First Place: $50 PayPal
- Second Place: $40 Buycraft
- Third Place: $30 Buycraft
- Fourth Place: $20 Buycraft
- Fifth Place: $10 Buycraft
- Island Insiding: Purposely trying to get an island disqualified from payouts in order to benefit another island is strictly prohibited and will be checked on each disqualification.
- General Rule Violation: Breaking any of the server rules stated anywhere else on primemc.org/rules may have consequences for your island in the weekly island payouts. This will be handled on a case by case basis.
We will now cover some of the highlights included in this server release.
Bug Fixes & Small Additions
We have heard your loud criticism and worked incredibly hard these past few weeks to resolve the issues with the current Skyblock Server. Our team has made over one hundred changes, many of which you have requested, including patches to server bugs and many additions of small and useful features. We will release the full changelog once the server has launched in our #changelog channel on Discord, however a small list of notable updates is below:
- Many, many… many... performance upgrades - Added an on/off toggle switch to the Pickup Filter - Items like robots and generators will now no longer sell through Auto Sell - Blocks broken by Robots now no longer log and fill up the disk - Concrete powder will no longer generate blocks in water - Added a Spawner Mining Flag to islands - The /staff command now works properly - A free Chunk Hopper is now in every island chest - Adjusted the Stack Smasher enchant (now actually works and only kills part of a stack) - Added a new Island Top menu - Resolved an issue with some island calculations - Changed the island chat layout to something much more readable - Raised the price of a lottery ticket and the max amount of tickets owned - Added /fix hand to PrimeGod - Fixed issues with the robot limits - Added a 20% tax to AutoSell to balance out the use of this feature - Mobcoins can now be added to filters by typing “mobcoin” and not sunflower - Fixed issues with Island Fly not working or working for too long - Fixed an issue that allowed players to get inside locked islands using fly - Island levels are now shortened in chat and in the scoreboard - Moving players with Fishing Rods is no longer possible - Added a new spam/duplication filter - Disabled the ability to merge crystals and using them in anvils - Robots can now be changed back into its robot egg form - Updated the design of the /shop menu and added stacked buying/selling - Messages now show the full name and not a nickname (tab is fixed too) - Added parrot and rabbit disguises - Fixed all flying/pet/disguise issues in the PvP Pit and arena - An item can now only carry a maximum of 5 custom enchantments - Added a minion in the spawn with info about robot types - Adjusted the price of promotion signs - Placing or removing stacks of spawners is now done via Shift instead of a command … and many, many more!
Economy / Mob Coin Changes
Much of our development power was focused on making changes to the economy and mob coins situation as things have gotten out of hand. Therefore, I would like to announce the following changes:
- Redeeming Mob Coins: It is now possible to automatically redeem mob coins once they have entered your inventory. This mode can be enabled using /mobcoins autoredeem and is available for all users.
- Withdrawing Mob Coins: Mob Coins will no longer drop on the floor when withdrawn, but instead are given through a note. We have added dupe protection so the same note cannot be redeemed multiple times.
- Receiving Mob Coins: The Mob Coin drop ratios have been heavily adjusted, so that large stacks of entities do not drop a crazy amount of mob coins anymore.
- Multiplier Nerf: Selling items with AutoSell combined with your multiplier has now been limited. You can now only sell x amount of items per day using AutoSell before your multiplier will stop working. Selling items via the /shop menu will always give you your full multiplier.
- Custom Mob Drops: Players have asked us for an increased challenge as constantly using the same spawners were getting boring. Therefore we have now added custom mob drops to a select amount of spawners. More info on this is provided on the server.
- Reworked Economy: Thanks to our admins, we have heavily reworked the sell and buy prices of items in the economy. This should fix the economy/spawner issue getting out of hand and ultimately causing much of our performance issues. At any given time, there were almost 25.000 active mob spawners in the world. No optimisations can fix this amount of spawners.
Many players have requested a way to make placing blocks easier. However, we wanted to make sure that this doesn’t take away the grind of increasing your island level. We have therefore launched Stacker Wands on our store, but made sure that using them still poses a challenge. Each wand only has a certain amount of uses (there are no unlimited stacker wands) and can only stack a limited amount of items on top of each other. Once obtained, you Shift + Right Click to set it up.
Being able to Filter items into regular Hoppers has also been a heavily requested feature. This function is now available and can be setup by using Shift + Right Click on a hopper. Each hopper has its own individual filter which can be setup. This was previously already possible in Chunk Hoppers and this feature has been extended.
New Chat Placeholders
Ever wanted to show off your warp or inventory? On top of showing off your item in chat, you can now easily advertise your warp or show players the items that you are holding by typing the [warp] and [inv] placeholders in chat. All other players will be able to click on it. To be able to use [warp], you must have an island warp setup.
Island Level Chest
Also new this season is the introduction of island level chests. Available through the store or mob coin shop, players will be able to purchase this new special chest and place it down on their island in order to have all blocks count towards their island level. Blocks will only count at a 10% rate of what they are usually worth to balance this feature out.
Two of our most heavily requested features have now been fulfilled with the addition of adventures: Taking a break from your Skyblock island, and completing challenges. Take a peek at our new /adventures dimension and complete a variety of easy, medium and hard objectives in order to win valuable server rewards.
Chunk Hopper Upgrades
Many of our performance issues from last season had an impact on the speed of chunk hoppers… And this got us thinking about a way to make them run faster (even with fixed performance). Therefore, we have now added a way to both upgrade the amount of stacks, and the amount of time it takes before a stack is transported from your hopper into the chest. Both upgrades can be obtained with in-game cash.
Also new: All players now get a free Chunk Hopper inside of their starter chest!
Previously Announced Features
Some of our announced features from previous season that didn’t become a reality have now been added. This includes the ability to challenge players to Duels (in 5 challenging new arenas), and a reward/quota feature for farming. An NPC for this is available in the spawn.
We understand times have been tough these past few weeks as we had to sort out some issues. I would like to extend a tremendous thank you to all of the players who have provided valuable feedback for this next season - many of these changes would not have been possible without your support.
We’ll see you tomorrow!
- Like 2
- Show all