Server rules

Lenkin

Administrator
Appeals Team
Jul 14, 2016
Hey everyone,

As we move forward with Prime, we’re looking to help improve the server as much as we can. One of these improvements is an update to our rules and punishments, which we are looking to reform.

We are now asking you, as our players, what you would like to see changed about our current rules and punishments. Please leave your suggestions below and they will all be considered as we improve the network.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Feb 11, 2016
I’d like to bring back the rule where your /nick has to be related to your real IGN. I see a lot of players abusing /nick to impersonate or mock other players and I personally get confused who is who with all those different nicknames and it has already resulted in me giving punishments to the wrong player.

Nov 11, 2015
Dont make a rule 8 minutes after you deny an appeal for it.

May 30, 2016
Clarifications on irl deals but I believe this is already known

Feb 19, 2019
I’d like to bring back the rule where your /nick has to be related to your real IGN. I see a lot of players abusing /nick to impersonate or mock other players and I personally get confused who is who with all those different nicknames and it has already resulted in me giving punishments to the wrong player.
nah thats stupid why u need to do it nickname is like a second name so i dont think it needs to be connected with ur irl

Feb 19, 2017
nah thats stupid why u need to do it nickname is like a second name so i dont think it needs to be connected with ur irl
Still, it should relate to your ingame name in some way.

First reason for this would be the prevention of impersonation.

It would also help the players and staff members to keep track who is actually who. Otherwise, you always have to check the other players real name to know who you are actually talking about.

Also, it is not a "second name". It is a shorter version of your name. Wikipedia describes it this way:

"A nickname is a substitute for the proper name of a familiar person, place or thing [...]. As a concept, it is distinct from both pseudonym and stage name, and also from a title."

Also, just because the command is called /nick does not necessarily mean it's actually a nick, just as /god doesn't make you an actual god.

Dec 12, 2015
I generally consider a nickname as a shorter version of a name. Also it's annoying when people have nicknames in black and it's impossible to even use /realname because it's so hard to read.