Announcement Prime Network Reset Announcement

Affixes

Management
Jan 31, 2018
Hi everyone,

As we further progress into 2019, we want to make sure that we’re meeting the demands of our players. You may have noticed a decrease in updates over the past few weeks, as behind the scenes our team has been working on a network-reset for Prime. Today, I’m happy to announce what we’re launching soon.

So… Another reset, why?
We’ve learned a lot about our players and the network in the past few months since the new management team took over, and we want to execute on what we have learned and bring a better experience to the players of Prime. Our current maps have been running for some time, and we felt like this would be a good time to bring you something new.

What is changing during this reset?
Our words were chosen very carefully when we decided to label this announcement as a reset. This is simply because we are not fully revamping the network. We will be keeping most of our existing infrastructure, and focus on improving certain features. So, here is a quick highlight of what’s changing:
  • Global: A reset of all maps and implementation of new builds
  • Global: Re-introduction of server ranks (More information below)
  • Global: Network-wide bug fixes for issues such as AutoSell, mcMMO and Discord link
  • Global: New and updated vote menus and the addition of vote keys
  • Skyblock: New starter island (only the original Skyblock island will be offered)
  • Skyblock: Removal of the item merging system (reverting to original)
  • Skyblock: New mob coins shop with pricing based on statistics we have collected
  • Skyblock: New envoys in the PvP arena that run every hour
  • Survival: More frequent End world resets (date will be discussed with the community)
  • Factions: New envoys and KOTHs added to the map
  • Prison: New Plot Mines system
  • Prison: New backpack plugin
NOTE: The Survival worlds will NOT be resetting. The spawn will however be updated.

You’re adding back server ranks, what does this mean?
We understand that the introduction of the VIP Rank was something that was not very appreciated amongst most our community. Therefore, we have decided that we will be bringing back all previous server ranks, from Elite to Legendary, replacing the current VIP offering.

This brings a lot of very complex changes as we want to properly and fairly reimburse players for their purchases (especially those who have purchased game passes - which could be useless if the same feature is now part of rank), and we will dedicate a separate post explaining how we will compensate players in the following days.

What exactly is resetting?
As with any reset, most server progress will be lost. All maps (except for those on Survival), player inventories, vaults, balances, statistics, leaderboards, bounties, banks, tokens, warps, reward streaks and other related items will be reset. Below is a list of items that will be kept:
  • Game Passes: Any and all game passes you have purchased (including bundles)
  • Cosmetics: Any and all disguises, particles or pets that you have won through crate keys
  • Island Upgrades: Any and all island upgrades that you have purchased
  • Multipliers: Any and all multipliers that you have purchased (excluding time based)
  • Claim Blocks: Any and all claim blocks that you have purchased (will be restated)
  • Plot Limits: Any and all plot limits that you have purchased
  • Plot Mines: Any and all plot mines that you have purchased (if not abused)
  • Power Boosts: Any and all power boosts that you have purchased
  • Chat Tags: Any custom chat tags which you might have created
  • Pickup Filter: Any custom pickup filters which you might have created
  • Speed Dial: Any custom speed dials which you might have setup
  • Vote Tokens: Any vote tokens which you might have accumulated (excluding ad tokens)
When will the reset occur?
We are ready to push out this content as soon as possible, and therefore our network will be entering maintenance mode on Thursday, January 24th at 9PM EST. An updated version of the network will then release two days later, on Saturday, January 26th at 3PM EST. We look forward to seeing you then!

Closing Note
We’d love to hear what you would like to see added or changed in this reset, and encourage you to comment below and share some of your thoughts. Our team is always listening. Please note that until we create a separate announcement for store reimbursements we will not be releasing or commenting on statements regarding rank updates.

Thanks,
Jesse

Mar 9, 2016
Let's see how this goes.

Lenkin

Administrator
Appeals Team
Jul 14, 2016
Nice to see a reset, was much needed in some areas of the server.
Hope to see all the new features and maps.

y0r

Oct 26, 2015
Glad to hear! Can't wait to see all of the update
You’re adding back server ranks, what does this mean?
We understand that the introduction of the VIP Rank was something that was not very appreciated amongst most our community. Therefore, we have decided that we will be bringing back all previous server ranks, from Elite to Legendary, replacing the current VIP offering.
Does this mean that the rank we had before we will automatically get or will it be like it was before where we get a code to spend money?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2018
Will we be getting compensated for gamepasses?

Nov 25, 2016
what will happen to the people that bought vip or any gamepases we better get something back

May 11, 2016
Happy to hear that ranks will be coming back. Any chance I could get my King rank back? I've been told that the transaction ID doesn't match to a king rank purchase though. ;-;

5i5

May 10, 2017
ok this is epic

Rassyy

Mentor Team
Oct 27, 2016
I love this announcement, Prime needed it.

Dec 30, 2018
yes this is what prime needs a reset.but do not do anything stupid! because then juilie I think again hvl man lost!!!!

Dec 30, 2018
please do again minions in it will be cool. and maybe also spawner changing to 5k places like juilie do this oo i love primemc

Jan 23, 2019
what will hapenned with the plotmines that i buy ingame and the plotmines that i get from people

RuneSnapz

Sr. Moderator
Mentor Team
Appeals Team
Nov 12, 2016
would be cool if kitpvp made a comeback.
This has been suggested many times. (Also by me)
But it's not coming back, because it brings a lot of toxic players with it. Toxicity has been a problem before, so we want to prevent it.

Affixes

Management
Jan 31, 2018
what will hapenned with the plotmines that i buy ingame and the plotmines that i get from people
The ones you bought will be returned, the ones you received from other players will be lost. As a sidenote, if you have ever been banned for abusing a glitch in Plot Mines, you will not be reimbursed.