Announcement Discord Linking, Crates Revamp and Bug Fixes!

Affixes

Management
Jan 31, 2018
Hey everyone,

I wanted to do a quick mid-week update to highlight some of the changes that we have pushed out over the last couple of days. This announcement will cover new crates, linking, and a variety of fixes to bugs that you may have encountered while being in-game.

However first... A special offer!

Free VIP!
Last week, we sent out a Newsletter, as part of our new email marketing campaign. As many of you have noticed, this email included a nifty little link giving our subscribers access to a free trial of VIP! As not all received this email, we’d like to extend this offer to everyone by giving access to our forums users as well!

You can now credit yourself with two weeks of free VIP, by clicking here, and entering the code VIP4FREE at checkout. Once redeemed, you will have full access to all of the features that VIP has to offer, including commands like /nick, /ptime, /back and /near, plus perks such as unlimited homes, no cooldowns and a multiplier on mcMMO XP. This code can be used once per account.

After two weeks time, your rank will automatically deactivate, and you can decide whether this is something that would like to continue using or not! If you are interested in picking the rank up for a longer period of time, we have just re-priced our lifetime VIP package from $149.00 to $59.99!

Discord Linking
By popular demand, we are also happy to announce our new and updated linking system, allowing you to sync up your in-game to the Discord Server. This was one of the last remaining features which needed to be converted from before our revamp - and it's finally released!

Now, if your join at primemc.org/discord, you will first be asked to link your in-game account with your Discord profile. Doing this is extremely simple, and requires just 3 easy steps, provided upon join. Once your account has been linked, the rank that you have in-game will carry over - so those with VIP status have an extra perk to add to their list!

If you have previously joined our Discord Server, you will be asked to either link or re-link your account before being able to communicate.

Crates Revamp
We have entirely re-worked all of the crates, and re-stocked them with a much better set of new and epic rewards. Now, you’ll be able to find items ranging from money notes, to enchantment books, spawners, keys, scrolls, wands, pouches, eTokens, and much more depending on the gamemode - and also in much higher quantities. Where previously an in-game balance reward would give relatively low returns, the rewards have now been upped, making it much more worth it!

Crate Keys are available in sets of 3, 10 or 25 keys on each one of our gamemodes. In order to preview the rewards for each crate, visit /warp crates and left click on the container. Previously obtained keys no longer work on our new crates. In order for your existing keys to be converted, please follow the following procedure:
  1. Put your keys in your /pv 1 (not in any other containers or vaults!).
  2. Start a new conversation with @Bions and me by clicking here.
  3. Specify on which gamemode you have stored the keys in.
  4. We will take your previous key and credit a brand-new one for you in the vault!
Note: Legendary Keys have been discontinued. If you previously held one of these keys, they will be converted into a set of 3 Rare Keys.

In addition to this, we have relaunched Skyblock's Monthly Crate, at a new price point of just $14.99. The monthly crate allows you to pick up a total of 9 rewards, ranging from notes, to spawners, crystals, books, scrolls, pouches, plus more - and also guarantees an epic reward, giving you a chance at receiving a Legendary enchantment, Super Item, or other highly valuable server item.

Bug Fixes
In addition to this, our team has been working really hard lately at fixing some our longest-lasting bugs. I’m really excited to announce that we've made huge progress, and there are a few changes which we think you will appreciate:

Global:
  • Player Shops: The issue where players were only able to create 1 player shops has been resolved, and even those who are unranked, are now able to create up to 10 shops on each of our gamemodes. The bug with Player Shops management has also been fixed (left clicking the sign was broken).

• Ad Tokens: The token prices in our ad shops have been greatly reduced, by over 500%. This should make it easier to grind for a certain package that you’ve been saving for!

• Vote Shop: Issues where certain packages would be stuck under “not enough tokens” have now been fixed. You should be able to spend your tokens on every package in the vote shop now.

• Player Warps: A permissions issue that prevented players from accessing and creating player warps has been resolved. Everyone should now be able to create their own public warps and share them with others using the menu in /pwarps.
Skyblock:
  • Nether: Access to the nether has now been re-enabled. Creating and jumping into portals will now work again as normal, and we apologise for the inconvenience as we tried to find ways to fix some issues. Silk touch will now no longer work on any Blaze Spawners mined in the nether world, in order to preserve economy balance from spawners out of nether fortresses.

• Limits Removed: ALL limits on hoppers and spawners have now been removed. The team has worked really hard on pushing out optimisations that should be able to counter performance issues, however we would like to ask you to still be considerate when placing a massive amount of hoppers or spawners on the island - as this can impact the performance for other players. We are continuously monitoring this to apply improvements.
Prison:
  • Plot Commands: Permissions for variety of plot management commands have been added, including the ability to set an alias, toggle chat, merge plots, and kicking plus banning players.

• Mine Resets: We have made changes to when and how often mines reset. Across most of our mines, this is now either at 75% mined, or simply every 5 minutes, depending which factor is achieved first. In the A, B, C and Z mines, the reset time is 2 minutes.

• Mine Teleports: When mines reset, we learned that a lot of players find the “falling down” effect rather annoying. Now, instead of falling out of the sky, you will be teleported to the spawn point of the mine that you're in.

• Mine Bombs: We have fixed the issue where Mine Bombs would refuse to smelt items, and instead give you the same block as presented in the mine (eg. Iron Ore instead of Iron Ingots). In addition, mines now also reset if a Mine Bomb has managed to clear out too much space.

• Map Breaking: We patched the issue where certain parts of the map would be broken as a result of the Explosive Enchant.
Survival:
  1. Version Support: Fixed an issue that prevented Minecraft Versions 1.8 - 1.11 from joining.
That's it for this week! We'll be back with more (scary) news, very soon!

Thanks,
Jesse

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2015
Pretty nice, glad to see prison is being worked on too!
When I linked my discord though, it didn't give me the VIP tag, is that an issue?

Affixes

Management
Jan 31, 2018
Pretty nice, glad to see prison is being worked on too!
When I linked my discord though, it didn't give me the VIP tag, is that an issue?
Yeah, it seems like some of our Buycraft commands are being stuck in the queue. I've just manaually fixed your account - next time you relog VIP should update on Discord :)

Mar 6, 2016
Finally happy to see the discord linking, now new players can join the discord.

Feb 19, 2017
@Affixes if the price for vip is only 59.99$, will those who bought it for 149.99$ get any kind of refund / compensation / additional stuff?

Affixes

Management
Jan 31, 2018
@Affixes if the price for vip is only 59.99$, will those who bought it for 149.99$ get any kind of refund / compensation / additional stuff?
We can't do that unfortunately. That's like buying a new computer and returning it two months later when the price has dropped.

Feb 19, 2017
We can't do that unfortunately. That's like buying a new computer and returning it two months later when the price has dropped.
However, the price didnt drop because the vip rank is "used" or "old", but rather because a few people bought that rank perm, and now no one buys it so you lowered the price. So the product has neither dropped in quality compared to other products out there nor has been used a lot (which would decrease its value) either and therefore i do not see the justificatoon for lowering the price without any form of compensation.

Edit: also im not asking for a compensation in form of a gift card, but some compensation in-game like a tag (for buying it when it was expensive), or a disguise etc....

Feb 12, 2018
Ad Tokens: The token prices in our ad shops have been greatly reduced, by over 500%. This should make it easier to grind for a certain package that you’ve been saving for!
in the /ads menu and /vote menu are the new crate keys not updated. also in the prison is /vote menu not updated for ad convcert.

Oct 20, 2016
Hi, @Affixes , good job, just a question from some of the players on Survival, for those who use the VIPFORFREE for 2 weeks and claim more than one claim, do they lose the other claims after the 2 weeks of VIP? "Miss"

Feb 12, 2018
in the /ads menu and /vote menu are the new crate keys not updated. also in the prison is /vote menu not updated for ad convert.
Edit: i bought a rare crate key in the vote store, and receive nothing.

Affixes

Management
Jan 31, 2018
Hi, @Affixes , good job, just a question from some of the players on Survival, for those who use the VIPFORFREE for 2 weeks and claim more than one claim, do they lose the other claims after the 2 weeks of VIP? "Miss"
Hiya, the code can only be used once per player/IP so I'm not sure if I understand your question.

Feb 12, 2018
Hiya, the code can only be used once per player/IP so I'm not sure if I understand your question.
There was indeed a bug that gives players 2 times 2 weeks VIP but i checked you cant get again 2 weeks vip. Like affixes said once per player/IP

Oct 26, 2018
You are not allowed to redeem this coupon.
why is this staying in my screen when I tried to use the code?
Plz help!